Organization: Management Systems International
Youth and CVE Survey Support Research Specialist
USAIDs Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program provides support to activities aimed at fostering an inclusive and tolerant Bangladesh. The projects main office is located in Dhaka.
The Obirodh: Road to Tolerance project seeks a Youth and Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Survey Support Research Specialist to undertake a national youth survey aimed at understanding key issues facing youth which may be indicative of susceptibility to violent extremist. Youth are often the first group targeted by extremists for recruitment and as such, are on the frontlines of preventive approaches. Understanding the changes or trends they see, the issues that matter to them (especially as related to violent extremism), key beliefs and perceptions, and the feelings they have about these issues, is crucial to understanding the violent extremism issue set and developing effective response programs for this key group. Undertaking a national survey of a representative sample of youth is a preliminary mechanism for beginning to understand this core constituency.
- Contribute to the research design and methodology (including monitoring implementation) for the youth survey, including developing the survey questionnaire and supporting data analysis to reflect discrete client interests regarding youth and CVE.
- Assist in the provision of ongoing technical support to the grantee to ensure their capacity to execute youth survey focused on CVE.
- Work with the grantee to identify potential data collection risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate communication and approaches with stakeholders.
- Provide oversight of data collection activities for DOR/RT with selected grantee.
- Provide project/survey management support, including supporting the Director of Research (DOR) and Research Team (RT) on project/survey management of grantee responsible for data collection for national youth survey on issues pertaining to CVE.
- Manage relationship with grantee, including reviewing products and deliverables, and composing and consulting on various stages of the survey process.
- Provide ad hoc analytic and research support as needed.
- Support analysis and delivery of final report, supporting analytics, and other deliverables.
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in a quantitative field or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of experience managing surveys or polling processes.
- Strong knowledge of principles, processes, systems, and methods of survey research and data collection operations.
- Experience with survey design and post-survey weighting (questionnaire development, sample design, sampling and non-sampling survey error, raking and post-stratification, etc.), including the ability to manipulate, clean, and analyze data.
- Excellent understanding and experience working on the intersection of youth issues and violent extremism in order to ensure and inform survey issues are addressed.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.