Training Agency: Matsh Youth Development
Youth development workers have a key role to play in delivering a holistic approach to health promotion. The program starts by defining youth in the context of health. It continues by looking at why it is important to involve young people in the planning and implementation of any program that targets them, and how to promote youth participation. You will also look closely at some of the contemporary health issues that affect young people, such as HIV AIDS, nutrition and diet, sexual and reproductive health and drug abuse. The program also looks at how to enable practitioners to recognize the different roles they have, and how to foster effective working relationships.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Identify the major health issues affecting young people.
- Outline health promotion strategies (particularly preventative strategies).
- Describe the specific role of youth development work in health promotion.
- Develop specific programs of health promotion.
- Use the distinctive methodology of youth development work within the environment of a primary health care agency.
Who Should Attend?
- Health workers in humanitarian organizations
- Professionals of healthcare institutions.
- Public health practitioners.
- Youth Workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs.
- Health awareness organizations staff.
- Professionals responsible for youth policy formulation and strategy development.
Defining Youth and Health
Primary health care
Adolescent and youth developmental changes
The basics of health and personal hygiene
Involving Young People
Youth development and health services
The role of young people in health
Developing skills and information
Factors affecting participation
Sexual and Reproductive Health
Defining reproductive health
STDs and HIV/AIDS
The World Health Organisation (WHO) mandate
World food supply
Mental Health and Drug Abuse
What is mental health?
Self-abuse and deviant behavior
What is drug abuse?
Demographics and drug use
Prevention and support
Self-abuse through injury and suicide
Registration Fees of $2,200 USD includes: Course Enrollment, Training Materials, Lunch and Coffee Breaks During the Training. Fees Don’t Cover Air Tickets and Accommodation.
Please follow this link for registration (http://www.matsh.co/en/youth-workers-courses/youth-and-health/?lang=en)