deadline:30 Mar 2019
Location Sucre, Bolivia
Start Date Apr – Jun 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
As a Youth Employment Advisor, you will provide substantive support to the Youth and Employment Center of Sucre. In this role, you will consolidate and build processes and service delivery programs, consistent with the philosophy of Youth Employment Centers.
The Youth Department of the Municipality of Sucre is responsible for ensuring compliance with national and autonomous laws for the youth population in Sucre, as well as to follow up and support youth actions and projects in the Municipal sector. They are a new organization, but with the support of Cuso International, the Center for Youth Employability is now looking for someone like you to continue their work.
If you are passionate about Youth-entrepreneurship and employment, come join our amazing team! We need your expertise for our projects to succeed.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Coordinate, collaborate and follow up on the planned activities of the three areas in the Youth Employability Center.
- Strengthen inter-institutional coordination for the Youth Employability Center.
- Support and technically strengthen the municipal consultants, who oversee the services at the Youth Employability Center
- Elaborate and complement the materials and support tools for the development of the services provided by the Youth Employability Center.
- Support planning and organizing events.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
University Degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Business, Social Work, International Development or related field.
Essential Professional Background:
- Minimum two years of work experience in the field of social and/or youth project implementation.
- Experience in coordination of projects and teams.
- Experience identifying and building partnerships.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
HOW TO APPLY: