Action Aid Arab Region (AA-AR) is launching a four year youth civic and political engagement project in Jordan (2018-2021)
The project aims to create safe and inclusive spaces for youth in rural and semi-urban areas for learning and democratic engagement as well as strengthening local authorities and institutions accountability through youth-led advocacy and campaigning, which will contribute to gain a higher recognition and engagement of young people in decision making process.
The project will be working in Amman, as well as the government youth centers in Zarqa and Karak, targeting 10.000 marginalized young men and women though youth centers, change games and online learning platform, and 5.000 youth from greater Amman area reached though youth hub activities, 100.000 young men and women from all over Jordan utilizing smartphone application for communication with key ministries and 1.000.000 reached though a national campaign challenging dominant perceptions of youth.
Also, the project will achieve below outputs:
· Young men and women are empowered as leaders and organizers to take collective and democratic action
· Pilot models for youth empowerment and engagement tested, documented and shared with key stakeholders
· Young people have their capacities and awareness strengthened, are able to constructively hold local governments to account.
· A Youth hub in Amman is a convening, open and free space for youth-led innovation, creative activism and new visions.
The project will mobilize young men and women, strengthen their capacity to influence positive change in their local communities, in order for youth to achieve this output, youth need to be capacitated on the topics of youth engagement and participating in local political processes.
The main objective of this consultancy is to design, conduct, document and evaluate a participatory “Youth Engagement in Localities” training in cooperation with municipalities of Zarqa, Karak and Amman related to Enhancing Youth Civic Engagement project. The training will target 300 youth (at least 50% women). 100 from each municipality.
After the training, the consultant will use the findings, and inputs from young people to redefine Action Aid’s guidelines on engaging both young men and women as well as young people with disabilities and will present it in a workshop involving young people, and national youth stakeholders.
It is important to note:
- Each training will include 25 youth from the area
- Each training will last for four days
- The training venues will be decided in cooperation with the municipalities in each area
The consultant will be responsible of:
- Design a participatory curriculum for training youth on engagement in their local areas
- Train 300 youth from Zarqa, Karak, and Amman
- Produce technical training reports from the three areas
- Document the whole process with focus on engagement tools, lessons learnt and methodology and submit it in a separate report
- Organize a reflection session with ActionAid team in Jordan and local partners to share main learnings and findings
- Produce a comparative report on similarities and differences between the three areas
- Use the report to inform ActionAid Arab Region guidelines on engaging young men and women and present in a workshop with youth stakeholders in Jordan
SCHEDULE & DATES:
15th October 2018, Starting the curriculum development process
5th November 2018, Beginning of Training in Zarqa, Karak and Amman
20th November 2018, Submit technical training reports from the three areas
25th November 2018, Organize a reflection session with AA-ARI program team and local partners to share main learnings and findings
27th November 2018, Produce a time line for preparing for the conference (ARI will take care of the logistics), the consultant will prepare the redefined guidelines, and involve youth in the process
15th Dec 2018, One day workshop on youth engagement guide lines
20 Dec 2018, Submit All related reports
REPORTING: The consultant will report directly to Global Platform Jordan Manager.
Applications should be sent
With your CV, financial & technical proposal to: email@example.com (only received CVs on this email will be considered) please clearly indicate which position you are applying for, you will not be considered without putting this title in the subject bar. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.