Certificate in Effective Leadership in Humanitarian Program
This course focuses on the basic principles of personal and interpersonal leadership that can be used in situations where the audiences are in a humanitarian situation. Emphasis will be placed on vision, goals and objectives, motivation, decision making, dealing with change and diversity issues. The audience has found self in that situation either because of bad leadership, food or any other humanitarian condition.
By the end of the course, the learner is expected to have;
- Increased their personal and interpersonal awareness,
- Shaped their analytical skills
- Gained a greater understanding of the complex issues facing today’s leaders.
- Defining leadership; develop a personal definition of leadership and evaluate what the following, a) personal leadership b) Organizational leadership c) Global leadership
- Leadership concepts; they include vision, goals, motivation, decision making, time management, team building, conflict, dealing with change, communication skills, ethics and diversity issues.
- Leadership theory; introduce students to leadership theory models and use the relational leadership model as a frame for understanding leadership and exploration of leadership views.
- Personal leadership profile; examine themselves in leadership and their strengths as well as talents, evaluation of leadership styles through the use of Myers-Briggs personality test.
- Leadership in the context of a community; practical aspects of group development and its dynamics
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
Course duration: 3 months
Course fee: €400