Post Graduate Diploma in Child Development
This online course looks into child development and among other things, the brain and motor development, cognitive, language, and social-emotional development, and all the factors that have an influence on development. It equips you with knowledge on the factors influencing child development at different levels of an organization and the theories related to that.
At the end of the course the learner should be able to;
- Discuss theories related to child development
- Describe the different stages of child development
- Identify risk factors/challenges to child development
Module 1: An introduction to child development
Module 2: Early childhood development
Module 3: Middle Childhood
Module 4: From 9 to 11 years
Module 5: The pre-adolescent stage
Module 6: Adolescents
Module 7: Theories in child development
Module 8: Risk factors to child development
Module 9: Research paper
- You will be required to choose a research topic, share it with the moderator, upon agreement write a proposal, after that do corrections plus writing chapters three, four, and five of the whole paper. Guidelines will be provided in the format preferred by the institute.
You will take a final exam at the end of the course
Minimum entry requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable.
The following shall be eligible for admission;
- a) Holders of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University
- b) Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognized Institution.
Assignments: candidates shall be expected to submit 10 assignments (Continuous Assessment test) that Account for 70 % of their Work and a Project Paper at the Tail end of the course, which accounts for 30 % of the course Work.
one year (2 semesters) Regions Targeted: Global
Courses Fees €1500
General course contact: The Academics Manager Strategia Netherlands