Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Training Work-shop From 23rd to 26th September 2024. Venue- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) are essential components of day-to-day programme management and are critical to the success of any programme. The quality of MEAL is very crucial across all projects. An effective MEAL system will help in: tracking progress, discover unplanned effects of programmes, and judge the impact that we have made on the lives of those with whom we are working.
Workshop objective: To introduce participants to MEAL concepts and practices. It is intended to stimulate thinking on how to design and implement monitoring and evaluation processes that strengthen accountability and learning, which will promote project, programme and strategy effectiveness.
Other Training Objectives.
By the end of the training the participants will be able to;
- Understand the basic principles underlying MEAL
- Be able to design and implement MEAL strategies, systems, and frameworks
- Develop and support the use of MEAL tools and practices in program development
- Support the development of MEAL work pieces such as program baselines, mid-term reviews and end lines
- Be equipped with an understanding of the major tools and best practices involved in MEAL
- Be provided with effective rules of thumb and a framework to approach methodological issues in MEAL
- Effectively collect data, ensure data quality management and analysis
- Understand project reporting by using MEAL
This is meant for programme staff in NGO’s, Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, Project Managers, government officers, Policy makers and other involved in development projects.
- Introduction to Monitoring & Evaluation Terms and Concepts- Importance of M&E in development projects, Purposes and uses of M&E and Barriers to effective M&E
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) overview -Introduction to MEAL Components, Purposes and functions of MEAL, MEAL approach and Challenges to MEAL
- Frameworks and MEAL Cycle – Types of Frameworks and approaches informing MEAL, MEAL cycles, Key elements of a MEAL plan, Defining indicators and types of Indicators.
Designing, implementation and management of a MEAL framework
- MEAL Planning and Budgeting -Planning and budgeting of MEAL, Monitoring and Evaluation Planning tools, identifying project goals, indicators and targets, Data collection methods and data sources for prioritized indicators in the MEAL plan, Data analysis, and management strategy, Reporting and disseminating data strategies.
MEAL Budgeting -Components of the Budget and MEAL Planning
- Accountability and Learning Terms and Concepts- Aspects and importance of accountability, Information sharing, Participation and Handling Complaints and Incorporating Accountability and Learning in Projects
- Baseline and evaluation design and management -The purpose and use of baselines and evaluations and real-time reviews, Importance of baseline for monitoring and evaluation and Steps in planning and undertaking baselines and evaluations
- Survey Planning and Implementation -Types of surveys, survey process and design, Survey planning and sampling, Conducting the survey, Data collection techniques and tools, Data Collection, Capture, and Data Quality Checks Pretesting research tools for Validity and Reliability
- Data Quality Management, Tabulation and graphical presentation of data (SPSS/Stata/R)
Data quality Management, Types of Variables, Data Types, Defining, labeling and sorting variables
Tabulation and graphical presentation of data
- Data analysis and interpretation (SPSS/Stata) -Hypothesis testing, Regression and Correlation analysis, Role of Data Analysis in MEAL
- Project reporting through MEAL- Writing an effective MEAL report, Communication of M&E findings for action and accountability, Communication activities to partners and stakeholders
TRAINING FEE: EUR 2000 PER PERSON
The Training will be conducted in English
How to Register for the Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning Workshop:
Kindly send us an email to: