- October 15, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Danish Refugee Council is one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, working in more than 40 countries to provide appropriate assistance with a rights-based approach to refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, returnees and migrants. Based on the conclusions of several emergency needs assessments, as of 2018 DRC began an emergency response in the coastal areas of the Caribbean of Colombia (Riohacha and Barranquilla) and in the cities of Bogotá and Medellín, currently incorporating activities in the municipality de Barbacoas, outside of Colombia DRC has activities in Mexico, Peru and Venezuela. DRC’s integrated humanitarian response is primarily based on protection activities, with components of interventions in shelter, WASH,
General objective of the position: The Support Services Assistant – LAC will be based at the DRC National Offices in Bogotá, and will be responsible for providing administrative and Human Resources support according to the regulations and procedures of DRC, donors and local laws , under the direct supervision of the LAC Support Leader.
- Serve as Focal Point for the LAC area for the consolidation of the travel and lodging process in order to ensure that the greatest efficiencies are achieved for the organization.
- In coordination with the LAC finance officer, ensure the traceability of invoices and payments for travel and hotels in LAC.
- Support the purchasing processes of the LAC area (Purchase Request, RFQ, Purchase Order, received to satisfaction, invoice).
- Purchase and reservation of hotels and tickets for the LAC area staff.
- Track travel requests.
- Verification of travel and hotel bills.
- Provide support to the Security area in those related to reports associated with personnel movements, travel reports and other reports that must be delivered for the adequate fulfillment of the Security processes
- Develop and disseminate, together with the LAC team leader, internal communications regarding processes related to the Management of the area.
- Administrative management of documents and correspondence in the LAC area.
- Support the feeding of the ERP system in relation to the Human Resources module.
- Preparation of contracting documents (contracts and Other Si) of LAC staff.
- Support the LAC area in the processes of performance evaluation, training and corporate induction. (schedule inductions, follow up on performance evaluations, register in ERP).
- On-boarding of staff in the LAC team and maintenance of the organization chart
- Consolidation of documents for visa procedures for expatriate personnel.
Other activities required by the organization related to administration and human resources in the DRC LAC office.
- High motivation to work in the humanitarian sector
- At least 1 year of work experience in administrative and Human Resources processes, preferably related to an NGO or other non-profit organization.
- Advanced command of PowerPoint, Word and digital tools
- Good communication and document organization skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Capacity for teamwork
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Expert management of the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with ERPs
Professional in Administrative Sciences or its equivalent in experience
Desirable intermediate English
Basic DRC Competency:
All DRC roles require the professional to possess the core internal competencies:
- Striving for excellence: focusing on achieving results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaboration: Engaging relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the initiative: taking ownership and initiative while seeking innovation.
- Communication: listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrate integrity: uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to the values and the DRC Code of Conduct, including protection against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- The opportunity to belong to one of the best NGOs in the world.
- Access to over 1,000 free online trainings and certificates.
- Prepaid medicine, 100% coverage of the policy for the employee and special price for beneficiaries
- 5-month fixed-term national contract with all legal benefits
- Salary starting at $ 2,100,000, according to the candidate’s experience and skills.
- Start date: November 1, 2021
- Salary and conditions in accordance with the terms of employment in Colombia.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and updated CV (no more than three pages). Requests sent by email will not be considered.
Application submission deadline Friday 10/22/2021 11:59 am Local time.