- January 31, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Macfadden is seeking an Administrative Assistant supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA). Reporting to the Office of US Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) Program Manager, the Administrative Assistant assists OFDA program support activities, maintaining calendars, updating filing systems, managing the documentation SharePoint site and hard copy files, and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining all physical/virtual document filing systems.
- Assist with travel arrangements for office personnel.
- Maintain critical office-wide directories.
- Record, typing, and distributing meeting minutes.
- Backstop the Receptionist and provide support for office events as needed.
- Backstop the interoffice mail.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist the HR Manager with scheduling applicant interviews and managing applicant paperwork during the interviewing process.
- Update virtual/physical documentation systems.
- Support the onboarding process of new staff by creating new hire binders, organizing documents, and responding to onboarding inquiries from new hires and staff.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: One year of office experience, including internships.
Skills: Strong written and verbal skills. Excellent attention to detail. Proficient in MS Office programs. Must demonstrate ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and be able to effectively shift priorities and multi-task. Demonstrate strong organizational abilities and committed to customer service. Willingness to learn.
Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to apply