- February 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Title: Program Officer- Adolescent & Youth Program
*Please read carefully the qualifications and experience we are seeking for this role as well as the application instructions at the end of this document. Any application that doesn’t meet the requirements listed will not be viewed. Thank you.*
Founded by a group of committed Kenyans, Lwala builds the capacity of rural communities to advance their own comprehensive well-being. We support communities to design, implement, and evaluate solutions to their most pressing health challenges. Then, we build coalitions of communities, health workers, government, and universities to generate evidence of impact and infuse these insights into the formal health system in Kenya and beyond. This bottom-up change promises holistic solutions that are custom-built for the systems they are meant to reform.
1. Reporting to the Adolescent & Youth Programs Coordinator and based in Lwala, the Program Officer will assist the coordinator in setting AY program priorities, planning and implementation.
2. Key Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the AY Program Officer include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Directly supervising AY program assistants, Youth peer providers, Community Advisory Boards, Youth Advisory Boards and track their performance against set goals.
● Establish and sustain a functional supportive supervision system for the demand creation teams (YPPs, CHWs, SRHC, YFS nurses) supported by CHAs and relevant MOH leads.
● Carry out community activities as assigned by program Coordinator (i.e. youth friendly clinic days, male forums, outreaches, stakeholder meetings, community dialogue days, grassroots advocacy meetings, review meetings, mentorship sessions for YPPs and CHWs and demand generation efforts).
● Support M&E activities and the use of data for decision making by tracking all data and activities and ensuring data is captured and recorded for all activities including outreaches, referrals, meetings with stakeholders or other groups in the community and all other SRH program activities.
● Actively seek and encourage participation of community members, local leadership and the demand creation and advocacy teams in the health of the community through the community led approach.
● Support fundraising and resource mobilization initiatives including generation of innovative ideas, provision of appropriate data and information needed to develop concepts and proposals.
● Contribute to knowledge production (success stories, case studies, experiences, best practice and lessons) that inform delivery of innovative community health programs for internal and external audiences.
● Contribute to further refinement of the AY program and sharing of the same.
● Assist the Program Coordinator in preparation and management of the program’s annual work plans and budgets.
● Support prudent use and reporting of financial and material resources allocated to sexual and reproductive health program.
● Building a culture of accountability for organization’s resources on behalf of the A&Y program.
● Develop and maintain productive relationships with local community, MOH and stakeholders to promote sexual and reproductive health initiatives.
● Support in organising effective and impactful field visits for donors, partners and other stakeholders.
● Participate in sharing of learning and experience with the team, across the organization and with like-minded/peer organizations.
● Support technical assistance to other CSOs interested in replicating our community model
● Maintain good public relations and promote positive visibility of the work of Lwala.
● Perform any other duties as may be directed from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience Required
● Diploma or A Bachelor’s degree in Clinical medicine and surgery, Nursing, Public Health, Development Studies or any Social Sciences.
● Post Graduate Diploma in any of the following areas; Project Planning and Management, Development Studies or Community Development, Monitoring and Evaluation
● Any trainings on the following areas is an added advantage: Family Planning, Advocacy and demand creation, Sexual and gender-based violence, Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health
● Share passion for mission and vision of the organization
● Project management skills.
● Good interpersonal and public relation skills and ability to work in teams
● Respect for communities and ability to work cross culturally.
● Able to work independently, under pressure with minimal supervision
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to communicate effectively in cross cultural context.
● At least two (2) years post-graduation experience in program work in an NGO, especially in adolescent and Youth programs.
3. What we offer
● Competitive salary with opportunity to grow
● Full benefits package including medical, vision, dental and group life plan
● Contributory pension scheme
● Annual leave of up to 22 days
● Room to innovate and challenge systems
● A fun, collaborative and fast-paced working environment
How to apply
Please send the following to email@example.com with the subject line Adolescents and Youth Program Officer.
● Current CV/resume.
● Letter of Interest detailing related skills and experience.
● 3 professional references with name, title, email, phone contact, and relationship to the applicant.
Please submit your application by 18th February, 2022.