- July 18, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Summary of position
The Advocacy assistant will support implementation of the Regional Advocacy strategy while aligning and strengthen internal advocacy initiatives. The Assistant will support the development of policy and advocacy messages and products for internal technical teams, partners & stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track results and commitments of policy and advocacy initiatives to advance the organization’s profile, resources, reach & capacity.
- Support the technical development and monitoring of advocacy action plans for projects.
- Support advocacy trainings, follow through on action plans and actively contribute to positioning and influencing
- Support relationship building with Governments, Parliamentarians, policy and decision makers relevant to delivering advocacy objectives.
- Ensure advocacy initiatives are documented and shared, while strengthening program learning and documentation.
- Work closely with the Advocacy and Communications Unit to stimulate dialogue, influence policies, and promote social protection and nutrition financing.
- Coordinate with the Communications Unit to produce and share advocacy materials such as reports, talking points, position papers, statements, fact sheets and technical briefs.
- Collaborate with the Advocacy and Communications Unit to organize campaigns, events and messaging for key moments, global days and strategic engagements
Gender Equality commitments
- Fosters an environment that supports values of women and men’s equal access to information and both men and women and promoted based on their performance.
- Respects all beneficiaries e.g., women, men, children (boys & girls) regardless of gender, sex, disability, religion, etc.
- Values and respect for all cultures.
- Promotes and upholds the PSEA policy and procedures.
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA-USA’s five core values
Respect – we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity – we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work; conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity – we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet, and even exceed, the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment – we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends if required.
Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high-security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as infectious diseases.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication related Course (e.g. in PR, external communication, Journalism) or other Social Sciences related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a Communications or Knowledge Management role or a role that involves Advocacy for an NGO.
- Experience in program or project design
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent research skills and desk review of advocacy policies and strategies.
- Ability to develop analytical evidence-based policy papers and reports.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Strong Relationship building skills, ability to engage and inspire others
- Strong understanding of current lobbying and policy development landscape.
- Experience in successful communication and advocacy work, preferably in international development
- Recognized capacity in translating complex information in a compelling and accessible way for non-technical audiences.
- Experience in capacity building and training
This job description may be subject to permanent modifications resulting from developments in activities. These modifications will be defined and discussed by the employee in question and Action Against Hunger.
Non-compliance with the terms of this job description will be sanctioned according to the disciplinary measures stipulated in the Action Against Hunger Rules and Regulations.
How to apply