- February 2, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Internews is a non-profit, non-partisan organization with 40 years of experience in media development across the world. Internews supports independent journalism in 100+ countries, helping local media outlets reach millions of people with quality information. We train individuals to report on topics such as health and the environment, and help media organizations become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – the people best placed to know what works.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Country Coordinator manages and coordinates Internews’ work with media outlets, organizations, and other stakeholders in Bosnia and Herzegovina as part of two regional projects operating in the Western Balkan Region. The Coordinator will monitor and analyze news, trends, and developments in the media sector for project planning and reporting; coordinate planning and logistics for events and trainings that take place in their country or which participants from their country are attending; and serve as the projects’ primary representative before donors, partners, and other organizations (in coordination with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party). They work closely with Internews’ media partners to regularly assess their needs, identify and contract trainers and experts, and coordinate consultants’ work with partners. The Coordinator will conduct necessary administrative tasks independently and as part of a team, liaising with Finance, Administration and Monitoring and Evaluation staff to complete administrative and programmatic reporting.
Ultimately this role may be based fully or partially in-office in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina or remotely from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited term position with an expected term of 36 months, this position may possibly be extended, contingent upon availability of funding.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people . Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Represent projects in Bosnia and Herzegovina, serving as a primary point of contact for potential and current partners, other organizations, and donor representatives (as assigned and coordination with the COP and DCOP).
- Monitor and analyze news, trends, and developments in the media sector for project planning and reporting, provide updates on current events, legal changes, and other information that could impact Internews’ and local media’s activities in-country.
- Contribute to the development of strategic planning initiatives, workplans, needs assessments, project proposals, content for project web platforms, etc.
- Draft, collect, and edit content in English for donor reports and communications materials, and respond to questions and requests for information in cooperation with the Sarajevo office team.
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation activities in cooperation with other staff.
- Assist grants management, M&E, administrative, and other project staff with information and data collection from partners, consultants, and vendors as requested.
- Promote opportunities for support among potential and current partners and other stakeholders and participate on assessment/evaluation committees
- Facilitate the hiring of consultants and commissioning of services from vendors and contractors, including identifying potential experts, drafting terms of reference, collecting quotes and bids, and serving as a point person for consultants and trainers while they are in-country.
- Provide programmatic, administrative, and logistical support for project-supported activities and events. Potential duties may include liaising with participants, speakers, trainers, and service providers, venue selection and reservation, ordering catering, arranging transportation, etc.
- Coordinate travel logistics and arrangements, assist with visa applications, and arrange accommodations for consultants and partners in conjunction with other staff.
- Work creatively with Internews’ editorial staff and partners to develop, edit, translate, and/or share country-specific materials for Internews’ online platforms, partners’ collaborative projects, trainings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent standard of education or equivalent lived/professional experience
- Fluency in at least one local Balkan language and English required; fluency or proficiency in at least two local Balkan languages strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years programmatic and administrative experience, preferably working on USG-funded projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and common online and social media platforms,
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.