- May 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Business Development and Grants Officer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase our organization’s revenue by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in the areas of Public Health, Humanitarian Aid, Conflict Resolution, and Foreign Policy. S/he will work collaboratively with the organization’s program and technical teams, as well as with external partners, to develop competitive proposals and secure new funding streams.
- Identify new business opportunities: Conduct research and analysis to identify potential new business opportunities in the areas of Public Health, Humanitarian Aid, Conflict Resolution, and Foreign Policy. This includes monitoring funding opportunities, identifying potential new partners, and keeping up to date with sector trends.
- Develop and implement business development strategies: Develop and implement strategies to pursue new business opportunities, including developing relationships with potential partners, building consortia, and identifying innovative approaches to project design and implementation.
- Lead proposal development: Lead the development of high-quality, competitive proposals in response to funding opportunities. This includes coordinating inputs from the Program, Technical, and Finance teams, as well as from external partners, and ensuring that proposals are compliant with donor requirements.
- Build and maintain partnerships: Develop and maintain relationships with potential partners, including donors, governments, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions. This includes building consortia and partnerships to pursue new business opportunities.
- Support program design: Provide technical support to program design, including advising on the development of technical approaches and ensuring that proposals are designed to achieve the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge: Stay up to date with sector trends, donor priorities, and best practices in program design and implementation in the areas of public health, humanitarian aid, conflict resolution, and foreign policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, Development Studies, Social Science, Political Science, International Relations, or relevant field; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in international development, with solid experience in Public Health and any other priority sector: health development, education, protection, humanitarian, child rights, governance, and nutrition (familiarity with health development and humanitarian domains preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in business development in the development sector, inclusive of proposal development for donor organizations like USAID, FCDO, World Bank, and FCO.
- Proven track record in writing and producing winning bids and proposals for institutional donors, corporate/private sector, and others.
- Strong understanding and experience with institutional donor funding mechanisms and contract regulations.
- Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in coordinating the development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million-dollar project budgets.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject, i.e., “Business Development and Grants Officer”
Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.