- February 2, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
At a Glance
Role: Business Development Manager (limited term) Child Protection and Education Sector
Location: Washington, D.C. USA or Federal Way, WA preferred; remote possible
Reports to: Director of Child Protection and Education, Resource Development
Required experience**:** Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline. Master’s degree in Health, Education, International Development, or related technical discipline strongly preferred. In addition to education or education equivalent, requires work experience in international relief and development. Experience must include a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Experience with USG solicitation is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered. Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA for any employer. Travel: Up to 25% of time both in development and fragile contexts according to CDC guidelines.
World Vision is looking for a Limited-Term Business Development Manager to support our rapid growth in public revenue in the international development space. This position will support the US-based Business Development and World Vision National Offices overseas, to identify new opportunities among public sources of funding. The position will:
- Position and manage all components of the proposal development process, ensuring high quality and timely submission.
- Manage and or/support post submission and lessons learned processes. Utilize program design expertise to guide and lead quality program design (involving US and field-based technical and finance colleagues) that builds on evidence-based approaches and is responsive to the guidelines and specifications outlined by the donor.
- Engage in the Teams’ development of best practice and evidenced based approaches utilized in proposals.
- Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission and strategy. Candidates must be in agreement with and help to enhance World Vision’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Pre-positioning: identify relevant upcoming funding opportunities, track grant forecasts, and using resources for advance intelligence gathering; prepare recommendations based on specific go/no-go decision criteria; identify and reach out to potential partners; manage pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning; participate in pre-design meetings and drafting sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation; coordinate and facilitate design workshops; support field teams to collect relevant country and technical area information that informs design.
- Proposal Preparation and Coordination: Lead the coordination and development of proposals from initial development to grant submissions; manage partners’ inputs to the cost application; coordinate/provide technical input to field and US-based finance officers to support the completion of the cost application in alignment with the technical program design; (co) facilitate design workshops with National Office and technical teams; manage the proposal review process and check for budget alignment, responsiveness and compliance with donor guidelines; build effective working relationships with partners on proposal bids; support the management of consultants recruited to support proposal development; support the recruitment process to ensure identification and inclusion of qualified key personnel in proposals.
- Post Submission: Contribute to collecting and sharing proposal process lessons learned after the submission; coordinate program design hand over to program manager(s).
- External Engagement and Networking: Identify U.S., international, and local partners for future opportunities; arrange client meetings and calls with partners; conduct client outreach and follow up with subject matter experts for organizing meetings; support technical advisors to develop organizational capability statements in coordination with the communications team.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services and regular prayer
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You Bring These Skills:
- Demonstrated strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strategic planning and excellent time management skills
- Minimum 3-5 years working in international development with major donors and business development, preferably with USAID
- Two or more years of experience working on proposal responses (USAID preferred) as a prime or sub-partner, including participating in capture efforts, writing relevant sections of proposals, and developing proposal budgets.
- Willingness and availability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time according to CDC travel guidelines
- Ability to travel internationally on short notice according to CDC guidelines
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, Master’s degree in Health, Education, International Development, or related technical discipline preferred. In addition to education or education equivalent, requires work experience in international relief and development. Experience must include a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Experience with USG solicitation is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered.
Additional Skills We Are Interested In:
- Keen interest and excitement in International Development, business development, entrepreneurial interests, willingness to learn, ambition to take on positions of increasing responsibility.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in one or more foreign languages (French, Spanish) is preferred.
How to apply
Click here to apply. We look forward to reviewing your application.
*The duration of the position is currently limited to 12 months or less. A limited-term position may be extended, or in rare situations, convert to a regular status position based on the needs of the business.