- February 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
We’re seeking to expand our group of Clinical Associates, and are looking for clinicians with experience of primary healthcare delivery in low- and middle-income setting to join our highly regarded freelance network.
- Do you appreciate the value of keeping up to date with knowledge and skills needed to provide good quality care to patients in primary care?
- Are you a practising clinician (doctor, nurse, physician’s assistant, clinical officer or other professionally trained health care worker currently in primary care practice) who seeks to understand the challenges faced by healthcare workers around the world in delivering healthcare and can innovate on how these can be overcome to strengthen health systems in primary care?
- Can you support healthcare workers like you to improve their knowledge, skills and confidence in looking after patients?
If you answered YES to any or all of these questions, then this freelance role could be for you!
You will be delivering projects working in partnership with local and global organisations to strengthen primary health care. Experience of primary healthcare delivery in low- and middle-income settings, in addition to a sound clinical background, is essential. You will be driven by a passion for mutual learning, enriching shared experiences and fostering long-term relationships defined by a desire to see sustainable improvements in healthcare provision.
Assigned to work on a project-by-project basis, either as a project Team Leader or as a team member, you will work alongside other PCI Associates and colleagues on an ad hoc basis on projects that could span weeks to months. This role will therefore suit those who are developing portfolio careers.
Associates who are confident working in complex environments, are flexible, and can manage juggling priorities at short notice, will be rewarded with the opportunity to work with incredible, dedicated healthcare teams around the world, helping to improve healthcare in a variety of sometimes challenging settings.
The nature of PCI’s work has changed over the past two years as pandemic restrictions have led us to shift our work online and to remote delivery methods alongside our partners including the UNHCR, WHO and the National University of Mexico. Building on a successful digital transformation, we are now seeking new Clinical Associates to contribute to a range of initiatives for strengthening primary healthcare worker capacity for healthcare delivery.
This could include roles as:
- Content writer
Currently all work is expected to be delivered remotely and you will work from home.
We are particularly interested to hear from qualified candidates living and working in low and middle-income countries.
We are also particularly keen to hear from those who are fluent (and confident to deliver online workshops) in Arabic, as well as those who are fluent in French, Spanish or Portuguese, in addition to English.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send us all of the following, to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 28th February 2022.
- Your CV
- A short cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role, what you feel you could bring to PCI, and your availability in 2022
- A short sample of your writing or teaching work – this could be a report, a slide set from a training session, a video of you leading a training session or a link to some online learning that you were involved in developing. Please include a brief introduction on why the work was commissioned, by whom and how the objectives for the work were met.
Successful applicants will be invited to an assessment day via Zoom; date tbc but likely to be either 30th or 31st March.