- January 14, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CARE International has been responding to the Syrian crisis since 2012, commencing with support to refugees in Jordan. The CARE Turkey Country Office was established and registered in August 2013 in response to the dire humanitarian situation experienced by civilian populations across northern Syria. Significant influxes of refugees to Turkey in 2014 expanded CARE’s Turkey operations and resulted in a significant program and operational growth. This pace of growth has continued into 2021. CARE supports communities affected by conflict and/or displacement – especially women, girls and boys – to become self-reliant, empowered and able to achieve basic needs and rights.
CARE seeks a world of hope, inclusion and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security. In response to CARE increased Syrian response cross-border humanitarian works the program is now endeavoring to undertake an inside NW Syria direct implementation to address humanitarian needs, enhance the quality of our programming and maximum response capacity and support to CARE’s partners. We are looking for a trustworthy, and dynamic person to join the Area office in the capacity of Cleaner to be based in Jarablus, northern Aleppo, Syria.
The Cleaner will be under supervision of Area Admin Officer, S/he will be responsible for taking care of facilities, and will carry out various cleaning duties, the position holder main goal will be to keep the building/s clean and tidy.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the office, facilities and keeping it clean and tidy.
- Cleaning floors and walls in offices, corridors, and other facilities.
- Cleaning the stairs, the outer courtyard, the external and internal entrances, and keeping them clean and tidy
- Cleaning kitchens, bathrooms, and toilets
- Cleaning and wiping tables, chairs, cabinets, windows, doors, and any other furniture inside the office.
- Providing the wash basin and toilets with hygiene and personal care materials such as soap, tissues, and others
- Use the available sterilizers to sterilize offices and facilities periodically.
- Remove cups and utensils from all offices and keep them clean and always available.
- Collection and disposal of garbage outside the building in the designated place.
- Ventilate all rooms.
- Preparing drinks (tea/coffee, etc.) and refilling drinking water as needed.
- Provide hospitality to staff and visitors
- Preparing and lists of hygiene, kitchen and hospitality supplies and storing them with ensuring that there is enough
- Monitoring water tanks, making sure that there is enough water, and requesting that they be filled when needed
- Monitoring the interior door and guiding visitors when needed
- Immediately inform the line manager if urgent measures must be taken to protect the building
- Informing the line manager for any malfunctions or damages that may occur in offices or equipment to maintenance them
- Any other related tasks requested by the line manager
- Proficiency in reading and writing or literacy certificate.
- Good-mannered, respectful, and reliable character, and good reputation.
- Resident in Jarablus district
- At least six months of experience.
- Experience working with NGOs.
- Ability to work effectively, either independently or as teamwork, and Work under pressure.
- Honesty and clarity and willing to work outside of normal working hours.
- Ability to attention all the time.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility and ability to deal with multitask.
- Ability to work well in unstable and changing security environments.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultural contexts.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
A valid identity is required for work possession, and the candidate can start work in CARE only upon delivery of all the required documents, also upon submitting any fake or incorrect document, the job offer will be canceled or the employment contract will be terminated if the falsification of files or certificates is detected. Later.
How to apply
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link:
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted * CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer