- December 22, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements and coordinates Belgium’s international development policy and primarily works for the Belgian State. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,800 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
The international development paradigm has changed with the adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This new paradigm now translates in Belgium’s international development policy, which consequently focuses on new areas of attention.
This paradigm change leads Enabel towards investing in new themes, including more ‘political’ aspects of international development and aligning these with the policies and the mandates of the partner country’s national actors.
In your area of expertise and under the supervision of the Resident Representative:
• You develop and ensure institutional communication in accordance with the political orientations of the diplomatic mission in order to promote a positive image and accountability of the programmes.
• You promote and facilitate the internal flow of information in order to contribute to the optimal functioning of the programmes and Enabel.
• You foster change in order to contribute to the objectives of Enabel.
• You elaborate communication training programmes in order to sustainably integrate communication in the interventions.
• You manage contracts related to specialised service providers to ensure that the communication tools meet expectations.
• You support the Representation Office in their knowledge building and results dissemination activities in order to ensure that the lessons learned, and recommendations are known among the targeted audiences.
• You ensure the proper dissemination of news, articles, videos, to local news agencies.
• You manage Enabel Palestine Social Media platforms and develop engaging content for them. Guide and assist in the creation and editing of written documents, video, infographics, and photo content.
• You attend events and produce live social media content, and social media posts.
• You support the Resident Representative in communicating and enhancing the visibility of Enabel’s portfolio and projects.
• You coordinate with the Communication focal points or/and Intervention Managers on media events, visibility activities, and the content of communication tools and publications.
Required qualifications and experience:
• You hold a Master’s degree communications, media, PR, international development, or other.
• You hold a valid driving licence in Jerusalem. At least 5 years of experience with communication work, preferably in development cooperation.
• At least one relevant professional experience outside your country of origin;
• Experience in formulation, implementation, and monitoring of annual communication plan.
• Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops, advocacy campaigns, and media events.
Required skills and knowledge:
• Broad and in-depth insight in all aspects of international development is an asset;
• You show you are an initiative builder allowing your colleagues to count on your commitment to the multidisciplinary team;
• You build strong proposals and bring innovative solutions to issues you encounter;
• You are able to work and evolve in a changing environment;
• You are familiar with results-based management;
• You are familiar with theories of change;
• You master knowledge management and knowledge building;
• You have a strong affinity with and easily use various digital tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro), standard Office software and new technologies;
• You have excellent video and photo editing skills and have experience with photography;
• You have excellent website communication and social media skills;
• You have excellent analytical and writing skills;
• You are fluent in spoken and written Arabic. Considering the working language of Palestine and the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required. Good knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an asset.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• A fascinating and varied job in an exciting international environment.
• An open end contract with a salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 5), and benefits such as 13-month bonus. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognised experience for the function.
Following this procedure a recruitment reserve of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
How to apply
Are you interested?
Apply here (link) at the latest by 11/01/2022 and include your application letter and updated CV. Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.