- March 21, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
We are currently seeking a motivated individual for the position of Communications Coordinator to lead the external communications on projects and programmes in Greece as well to build on the established DiH advocacy network.
- Supervise content creation and management of DiH social media and website in cooperation with all Locations Teams and Head Office Communication & Fundraising Team (Norway)
- Implementing DiH 2022 advocacy strategy on migration issues in Greece
- Building DiH advocacy network and expanding relations with humanitarian advocates, human rights defenders as well as media and policy-makers strategically to the established advocacy goals
- Implementing DiH communications guidelines, responsible for submission of content and schedule of publications, reviewing and proofreading drafts according DiH communications style and photography guidelines
- Supervise the use of DiH social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) and website in close collaboration with Head Office Communication & Fundraising Team
- Coordinating the submission and proofreading of social media content with Locations Teams
- Supervising DiH media and public relations in Greece in close collaboration with Head of Programmes
- Leading and advising DiH public communications and public positioning on matters of migration policy in Greece in close collaboration with Director of Operations
- Representing DiH before partner stakeholders in the humanitarian advocacy network, leading DiH own advocacy agenda and initiatives according to the established goals in migration policy change
- University degree in Communications & Media science, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations and/or
- Previous experience on humanitarian communications roles, media and/or journalism
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the refugee/humanitarian context in Greece
- Good interpersonal skills and service-oriented
- Experienced with problem solving
- Excellent writing and editorial skills in English and good command of Greek is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of IT skills- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)-including social media platforms
The Communications Coordinator will work full-time in Greece (remote) and will be requested to travel to all locations where DiH operates.
All Coordinators with A Drop in the Ocean are travelling on their own responsibility, and must be able to contribute for at least 3 months. The successful candidate will be hired on a Greek contract for three months with the possibility of extension. A valid driver’s license is necessary to be considered as a Coordinator. All field workers of the organisation must be above the age of 25 and have to provide with a valid police certificate. Insurance including travel and health is mandatory for all field workers.
If you have the right qualifications and are interested in being considered as our next Communications Coordinator in Greece, you should be able to start the assignment no later than 28th March. If you live outside of Greece, you have to follow your country´s travel-advise, and take this into consideration before applying (for Visa issues, the successful candidate should contact in advance the Greek Embassy of their country).
Applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer the position before the closing date.
A Drop in the Ocean/ Stagona does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of national origin, age, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
For further information: www.drapenihavet.no
How to apply
We would like to receive your CV and motivation letter, marked “Communications Coordinator- Greece” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org