- March 14, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Organization – Adeso: African Development Solutions www.adesoafrica.org
Position Title – Community Engagement Intern
Reporting To – Community Engagement Manager
Working With – Equity Connect Project Team
Duty Station – Remote (Sub-Saharan Africa preferred)
Duration – 6 Months
Start Date – Immediately
Application Deadline – 27th March, 2022
Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African-based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 30 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Over the past ten years, Adeso has developed an intimate understanding of the problems faced by both local and national NGOs on a micro and macro level. Adeso has a strong understanding of the barriers that local organizations face in accessing direct funding from donors and the challenges that donors face in partnering with local organizations.
Equity Connect – an online platform – is a critical component of Adeso’s five-year strategy that is focused on systems change and infrastructure development to support the creation of an ecosystem that supports more democratic and equitable resourcing and the strengthening of Global South civil society.
Equity Connect is a centralized online platform that allows direct donor access to local and national NGOs in the Global South that meet industry standards.
The solution aims to fulfill the following:
- Increase visibility of local organizations
- Grow funding flows to local organizations
- Create linkages for both donors and organizations.
The EquityConnect Community Engagement Intern assists the Community Engagement Manager in acting as the liaison between EquityConnect and our audience. They assist in acting as the voice, tone, and moderator of the brand through community support, content distribution, and digital engagement to build and sustain trust and connection online.
Their role will be integral in sustaining Equity Connect through the next phases of the development process. The intern will assist the managers and help create engaging content and foster connection, including through online discussions.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities of community engagement intern on the EqC platform include facilitation and administration of network functions including:
● Assisting the manager to find new users from existing networks and partners as well as new partners and answering their questions
● Assisting the community engagement manager in engaging and retaining current community members
● Supporting the community engagement manager in administration and operations requests.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Ongoing or completed degree, certificate, training or coursework in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, business, or a related field
● Experience working remotely and coordinating activities across multiple time zones.
● Ability to create content and work with others to create content.
● Comfortable with using a very wide range of digital platforms (email, Slack, Twitter, Whatsapp, Zoom, WordPress) and experience with a range of online community platforms (Facebook, Linkedin)
● Digitally savvy and able to keep up with the activity on the platform
● Flexible and adaptable with a high level of empathy and the ability to connect with users
● Fluency in English required, competency in French, Arabic or Spanish desired
● Understanding of civil society organizations in the Global South
● Multi-lingual and able to participate in online discussions in multiple languages (Spanish, French, Arabic)
● Data analysis and trend-spotting
How to apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 27th March 2022.
Each application should be addressed to HR and include the following:
- An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address and Skype ID; and
- An application letter should include a cover letter, remuneration requirements, and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adeso is an equal opportunity employer.