- February 14, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Purpose of consultancy:
Concern Worldwide US is looking for a skilled and experienced Human Resources Management (HRM) professional to work as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with the LCS4R project. The Subject Matter Expert will collaborate with selected national NGOs to strengthen their capacities in HRM and overall governance issues.
The Local Capacity Strengthening for Response (LCS4R) project aims to strengthen the organizational capacity of local and national NGOs to respond to emergencies within the humanitarian coordination system. Support will be provided to NNGOs in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Malawi and Ethiopia. The goal is to enable participant organizations, through focused capacity strengthening activities, to be able to better coordinate and prepare for and respond more effectively to emergency situations. Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development, Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), the project is being implemented through a consortium that brings together a combination of operational and technical expertise, led by International Medical Corps and in collaboration with Concern Worldwide. The Project will employ three training methods (1) intensive capacity strengthening activities for 10 NNGOs (2) a series of training symposia targeting a broader audience, and (3) a knowledge management platform providing resources to all participating organizations, as well as the wider NGO community.
This consultancy relates to the first and third of the above components, namely intensive capacity strengthening activities and the knowledge management platform.
Scope of work:
The Human Resources Management SME will work with selected national NGOs to carry out organizational capacity assessments and create development plans. The consultant will bear primary responsibility for providing NGO-specific training as identified in the development plans through onsite visits and continuous, follow-up, remote support.
· Collaboratively carry out a comprehensive capacity assessment process for each NNGO.
· Based on the capacity strengthening needs identified, and with guidance from the project team, develop work plans to provide onsite support for each of the assigned NNGOs.
· Provide mentoring support and coaching to assigned NNGOs across the two target regions over an 11-month period – this is anticipated to entail on-site visits and remote support, subject to Covid travel restrictions.
· Develop and facilitate webinars on identified HRM and board/governance issues for both selected NNGOs and a wider audience.
· Develop and curate HR materials that will be shared on the project’s Knowledge Management Platform.
Duration and timeframe:
It is envisaged that this consultancy will be for approximately 4-5 days per month and will run for 11 months. It will commence in March 2022.
Qualifications and experience:
· 8+ years’ experience in the field of human resources management.
· Experience evaluating human resources management systems and developing and implementing corrective measures (including but not limited to development of appropriate protocols and procedures given the size/scope of organizations and their respective operating environments)
· Experience of work on board and governance issues in the NGO sector
· Substantial experience providing training/mentoring/coaching for NGO staff and other humanitarian actors
· A comprehensive understanding of the Humanitarian Principles
· Recognized HR qualification
· Training qualification would be advantageous
· Superior organization and presentation skills
· Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken) in English
How to apply
Please submit the following to: Kirk.Prichard@concern.net
- A cover letter that outlines your suitability for this post and includes your proposed daily fee in USD.
- A CV (maximum 3 pages) that includes details of 3 referees
The closing date is Wednesday 23rd February, 2022 but please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a selection may be made before the closing date.