- May 15, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The position is based under the NPA Department for Development and Humanitarian Cooperation (DHC). We work in partnership with local organizations with the aim to strengthen their ability and to fight for a more equitable distribution of power and resources in their communities and address humaniarian needs and the challenges of protection from explosive weapons. Currently, NPA has more than 35 Programmes ongoing in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
Are you a highly motivated Country Director with solid contextual understanding, who would like to lead our professional and committed national team, working in a highly complex but rewarding environment?
NPA is looking for a new Country Director for our programme in Palestine. NPA has been working in Palestine since 1987. The country office runs a solid programme with 10 national staff and currently a total annual budget of 25 million NOK. NPA Palestine has solid and committed humanitarian and development partners with focus on Civil Society development, Food Security and Livelihood and Protection. The CD position is based in Gaza and leads from there the progamme both in Gaza and the West Bank
- An opportunity to be responsible for one of the most interesting country programmes in NPA.
- Comprehensive salary package including country specific allowances and insurance scheme.
- Five weeks’ annual holiday plus one additional week off for expats.
- Three international flights home per contract year.
- R&R scheme.
Please note that we offer a two-year contract* with the possibility of renewal. The salary and allowances are subject to income tax according to NPA’s Tax Policy. The working conditions, including annual leave, follow the Norwegian Working Environment Act.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build team and empower others in decision making.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a a successful leader in an international organisation.
- At least 3 years’ experience from a Middle East context, preferably Palestine.
- Experience with developing and implementing strategies, plans and programmes.
- Experience in work with civil society organisations and managing programmes based on partner collaboration.
- Solid political intuition, understanding and knowledge of political dynamics related to both Palestine / Israel and the relevant Norwegian and international community.
- Experience with crisis management.
- Experience with fund raising and donor relations.
What you will do
- Overall responsibility for all NPA programmes in Palestine and represent NPA in the country.
- Provide strategic leadership, lead the management team and build a strong team culture.
- Ensure optimal planning and running of programmes with solid collaboration between programmes and support functions.
- Knowledge of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
- Ensure sound financial management, grant management, compliance and budget control and ensure that all systems, procedures and personnel management are in line with NPA QMS, guidelines, policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure that the country programme maintains a comprehensive understanding of the country context and monitor developments in Palestine and region and of Norwegian political environment and the Norwegian Labour movement’s engagement.
- Overall responsible for the safety and security of NPA staff, assets and resources and crisis management.
- Be proactive regarding managing advocacy work related to the program, partners and context
*Validity of the offer and contract depends on satisfactory medical certificate, full vaccination, valid travel visa and necessary permits for service and residency in the country of service. The offer and contract also depend on donor funding and might be subject to donor approval.
How to apply
Please apply by the 7th of June 2023 through our website.
We continuously strive for more diversity and inclusion across the organisation. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. You will hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline.
We kindly ask you to carefully read NPA’s Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy, and Anti-Corruption Policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position, you will be asked to complete and sign a Safeguarding self-declaration as well as our Code of Conduct.