- August 1, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Programme Coordinator
Duty station: The post holder will be based in Beirut, Lebanon with frequent field visits and missions in the Country
Starting date: 04/09/2023
Contract duration: 5.5 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 4 Program Managers, 1 Grants and Reporting Manager, 1 Partnership & Compliance Officer, and 1 Country Wash & Shelter Manager
Dependents: Accompanied duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit, humanitarian aid organization founded in 1992. INTERSOS works towards a world of equality, justice, peace and solidarity, to achieve this INTERSOS helps people to live in dignity and safety, alleviating suffering and meeting their needs. The mission of INTERSOS is to support people, families and communities in areas most affected by crisis around the world, providing crucial assistance to populations in life threatening situations, in situations of famine and suffering resulting from extreme poverty, disasters, and conflict.
INTERSOS started to work in Lebanon in 2006 to support the Lebanese people affected by the Lebanese-Israeli war. Since 2013 INTERSOS has been supporting the vulnerable populations in Lebanon affected by the Syrian conflict, including both Syrian refugees and affected Lebanese people.
Today INTERSOS has 4 bases in Lebanon (North, South, Bekaa and Mount Lebanon) and implements 11 projects in different sectors: Protection, which is the biggest part of the portfolio, Shelter and Basic Assistance, and Education. The main donors are UNHCR, BPRM, ECHO, AICS, & SV.
General purpose of the position
The Country Programme Coordinator will assist the Head of Mission with the overall country programme development and management in accordance with INTERSOS’ country strategies, plans and policies.
The Programme Coordinator is responsible to (general duties)
- Ensuring a quality implementation of the projects implemented in Lebanon, with the support of technical staff (Protection, Shelter) and MEAL department
- Providing project management support to Project/Programme Managers
- Direct responsible of the line management of the Project/Programme Managers (in coordination with HoM as per the HoB/PM role structure)
- Play a key role in the definition of the Strategy of the mission
- Lead the development of new concepts and proposals (design of the project rationale, logframe, budget and narrative) in collaboration with technical department and under the supervision of the HoM
- Monitor, evaluate and support the implementation of the program, supervise and coordinate also the donor reporting
- Represent INTERSOS in relevant meeting.
- Act as Deputy Head of Mission
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Provide a support and supervision to the Project Managers through regular field visit, meeting with the staff and the line managers, supervise the planning of the activities and programs
- Coordinate with the MEAL and Protection Department to ensure a proper follow up on the quality of the programme
Human Resources – technical support to Project Managers.
- Play the role of line Manager of the Project Managers
- In collaboration with HR and HoM, support the recruitment of the staff
- Build the capacities and supervise the Project Managers
- Responsible of the evaluation of the project Managers
- Propose training and identify capacity building for the national and international staff (nationalization of the staff is a priority of the mission)
Strategy Development and new funding
- Lead the definition of the programming strategy for INTERSOS with HoM
- Support the HoM to design a Lebanon Country Strategy
- Lead the design of potential funding opportunities and the new proposal (coordination and writing)
Monitor, Evaluation and Supervision of Project Management
- Provide direction to Project Managers of the work planning, budgets and spending
- Support the Project Managers in the planning and the monitoring of the achievement of the activities, deliverables and budget.
- Provide feedbacks on the monthly monitoring tool (PAT) to PMs (both technical and financial)
- Ensure that the Project Manager produce high quality donor report
Representation, Coordination and Advocacy
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with relevant donors, local authorities, partners, project stakeholders and other organizations working in the project areas
- Proactively engage with donors, international NGO and other actors participating at coordination meetings.
- Guarantee productive working relationships with relevant Working Groups at the national level
- Ensure the participation of INTERSOS to relevant Working Groups and Task Forces (responsibilities can be delegated)
- Brief Head of Mission and relevant Project Managers on discussions held during working groups
- Organize programme meetings on a monthly basis
- Developing strategic partnerships with local organizations, wherever possible
- Monthly report to be submitted on the 15th of the month to the supervisor on activities and Programme Achievements
Other objectives and duties:
- As requested by the Head of Mission, for the effective implementation and quality of the activities of the mission
Required profile and experience
- Master degree in Refugee law, Development, International Human Rights Law, Forced Migration and Refugee Studies, Gender studies or other relevant to the position
- At least 5 years in humanitarian assistance and 2 years of international relief and emergency experience in senior (Field Coordination and up) positions in a multicultural environment
- Previous experience in the Middle East region (desirable)
- Experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts, with experience in supporting emergency responses, access and security analysis and management
- Experience in Protection
- Experience in need assessment and project design
- Fluency in English, spoken and written; fluency in Italian language as strong asset
- Arabic is an asset
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-XXXX – Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.