- August 29, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: RESEARCH AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT (RKM)
LOCATION: Dadaab Office
Post holder reports to: Programme Manager – RKM
Staff reporting to this post: Program Interns/Volunteers
RCK VISION: A just and inclusive society for all the displaced and host populations.
RCK MISSION: To protect and promote the well-being, voice, and dignity of the displaced and host populations.
JOB PURPOSE: The Data Analyst will play a pivotal role in supporting data-driven decision-making processes that positively impact the lives of forced migrants and the host communities in Kenya. He/She will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, interpreting and drafting data reports related to the program’s activities and outcomes.
• Collaborate with field teams for comprehensive refugee-related data collection.
• Maintain organized and confidential databases respecting privacy regulations.
• Design data collection tools on various platforms eg Kobo/ODK, Microsoft Forms etc
• Utilize tools like Excel, or PowerBI or Python to identify trends and patterns.
• Generate regular reports, policy briefs and visualizations showcasing program indicators.
• Analyze program data against targets to evaluate effectiveness.
• Contribute to assessing interventions’ impact on refugee well-being.
• Participate in refining data collection tools and methodologies.
• Ensure adherence to data protection regulations and privacy norms.
• Contribute towards review of policies on data management.
• Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in computer/data science, economics, social sciences or any other equivalent educational background with 2 years’ relevant experience in data analysis.
- Relevant certifications or Diplomas with relevant 3 years’ experience will be considered.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Technical Expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The Job is complex, sensitive and stressful. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel. Work may require frequent weekend and evening work as well as high degree of autonomy
Professionalism: In-depth theoretical knowledge of and significant experience in relevant fields of counseling, Strong analytical, problem solving and drafting skills. Discretion and sound judgment in applying legal expertise to sensitive, complex legal issues.
Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentational) skills. Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
Technology Awareness: Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources, etc.
Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
Managing Performance: Ability to supervise, coach, mentor and develop junior staff as required.
How to apply
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email contacts. Send your application to:
The Recruitment Committee,
Subject Line: “Application for Data Analyst Position”
Deadline: Friday 31st August, 2023.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. RCK is an equal opportunity employer.