- December 24, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is currently seeking a Data Visualization Advisor in Guatemala to support the implementation of the Data for Implementation (Data.FI) Project. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and maintain access to high quality data to accelerate the control and maintenance of HIV and COVID-19 epidemics. Data.
Data.FI supports host country governments to improve existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiological and program data to inform responses to manage gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting the transition of local partners.
In Guatemala, Data.FI will lead a team of technical advisors with expertise in digital health and quality management systems to help the government through USAID better monitor and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 and HIV epidemics.
Purpose of Position:
Palladium is seeking a Data Visualization Advisor based in Guatemala to support the development of visual products including COVID-19 and HIV data analysis documents and dashboards in coordination with the Ministry of Health of Guatemala (MSPAS).
The Advisor will work with Health professionals, other technical advisors and dashboard developers. S/he will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand user needs, data use cases, and develop clear and compelling data products using interactive and dynamic visualizations to convey ideas, show results, and communicate findings.
The Advisor is responsible for gathering and translating the user interface and user experience (UI/UX) needs of users into visually appealing, highly functional and user-friendly designs. The Advisor will use his/her creativity, along with his/her design expertise, to develop effective, customized products that support decision making, learning, evaluation, and dissemination of results.
The Advisor will leverage her/his data interpretation skills and graphic design expertise to analyze and present data at national and sub-national authorities. In addition, he/she will have the opportunity to shape the image of the project by creating direct impact on the user experience of the products created by the Data.Fi team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate working sessions with cross-functional teams to extract required functionality, evaluate complex user requirements and translate them into user-friendly products.
- Lead the investigation of data needs and expectations of different types of users inside and outside MSPAS to produce effective products and designs.
- Translate complex data analytics concepts and visualizations into clear and usable messages for different audiences.
- Identify User interface and User Experience needs, support their definition and lead in addressing user UX/UI issues.
- Create prototypes and mockups of data products and visualizations (including dashboards), following data visualization best practices and principles, based on stakeholder requirements.
- Develop and generate high quality information products and infographics, delivering meaningful use of data for programmatic decision making.
- Support the integration of data visualization tools and products into routine data review and program oversight processes, working with stakeholders and the lead data use advisor to develop and interpret data insights.
- Be Guatemalan or legally authorized to work in Guatemala.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, graphic design or statistics or similar careers. Master’s degree and experience in the area of Public Health will be an asset.
- Proven experience in UI/UX design and data visualizations, dashboards, infographics and reports. Presentation of products available online will be an asset.
- Proven work experience in designing effective data visualizations for the public sector, preferably in healthcare.
- Experience in facilitating data analytics and visualization projects including conceptualization, stakeholder engagement, design and layout, iteration and ongoing support.
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Marvel, Overflow, etc.
- Proficiency in web design tools such as html5, CSS, JQuery, etc.
- Knowledge of geospatial analysis with ArcGIS or QGIS is desirable.
- Knowledge of open-source data visualization and data science platforms is desirable.
- Knowledge of USAID Global Health and/or PEPFAR programs and indicators is desirable.
- Exceptional ability to communicate, analyze and present information.
Key competencies and professional experience required:
- Ability to translate ideas into prototypes/mockups and facilitate their analysis and understanding using graphical tools.
- Strong interpersonal, interpersonal, and team facilitation skills.
- Highly analytical, strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to manage diverse demands.
- High level of technical expertise to provide highly credible advice to clients and be able to accurately and objectively assess project risks and issues.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish at the level of a native speaker is required; Fluency in English is desirable.
How to apply
Please apply directly on Palladium’s Careers Page (link below):