- November 12, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Director of Leader Communications, you will grow recognition and trust in of the leadership expertise that exists in World Vision, an organisation that works with partners, children and communities to bring life in all of its fullness to children, especially the most vulnerable.
The role oversees a global communications approach for executive leadership in World Vision, and continuously improves and manages a programme that supports and develops expert and senior leaders in the organisation. You will strengthen leaders’ ability to engage with key audiences while growing their influence and authority and will also ensure that leaders are making the best use of engagement opportunities, aligning with and contributing to World Vision’s global strategy, Our Promise.
Alongside leader communications development, you will also work with the Global Governance team to engage Board and Advisory Council members across the World Vision Partnership, as well as the Office of the President and CEO to align communications approaches across the executive leadership team.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about World Vision’s work and has exceptional relational and influencing skills, is confident in developing expert potential and nurtures the professional growth and confidence of others, especially senior leaders in a global setting.
- University Degree and post graduate studies in Communications, Journalism or related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in liaising or managing thought leaders or speakers bureaus especially creating or facilitating content, amplifying profiles through various channels, and measuring content and engagement targets.
- More than 10 years’ experience producing print, web, video and social media materials and managing agencies or contractors.
- Strong experience in, and up-to-date knowledge about, ways to leverage and grow influence across channels.
- Effective coaching, mentoring or facilitation of learning, including receiving and giving feedback constructively and building confidence in others.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and listening skills; Ability to translate complicated ideas, technical language and jargon into simple language; Ability to articulate the multi-dimensional views of World Vision.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication in English (other languages, especially French and Spanish, are an asset).
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time. Work is primarily remote.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by 25 NOV 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith. For more information, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.