Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Support Services and Project Manager as direct supervisor, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services for the transport of authorized personnel. The Driver has a high sense of responsibility for his duties, courtesy, tact and the ability to engage sensibly with local communities, people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
This position is located in Colombo, Sri Lanka with frequent travels outside Colombo.
Within limits of delegated authority and depending location, a Driver at this level may be responsible for the following duties.
These duties are generic, and may not be performed by all Drivers.
- Provides reliable and secure driving services by a) driving vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and, in the case of peacekeeping missions, for the transport of cargo goods and/or hazardous goods vehicles; b) collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items; and c) meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
How to apply
For further information and to apply Please visit the below link.