- August 7, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees. We encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Are you an Emergency Officer interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
If so, an exciting and fulfilling career awaits you!!! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 1st, 2023 (11:59 PM CET).
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) , a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
WHY JOIN US
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer attractive compensation package (please refer to Terms and Conditions section)
This job is found in the Emergency Operations Division in Headquarters. The incumbent will report to the WFP Food Security Cluster head of IM.
The Emergency Operations Division (EME) contributes to WFP’s strategic goal of achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 through the management of an emergency preparedness and response portfolio. EME provides a field focused, service oriented, steering and convening role focusing on forward looking preparedness and support to emergencies to ensure a swift, coordinated and integrated response.
The Food Security Cluster (FSC) is committed to saving lives through the coordination of the food security response in major emergencies. The global Food Security Cluster team is located in Rome and provides strategic, technical and operational support to field-based Food Security Clusters and sectors. It is co-chaired by the WFP and the Food and Agriculture Organization
(FAO) and include 70 Global partners active in 33 countries around the world.
To supports country offices through the provision of advice on data management, analysis, mapping, and visualisation, as well as development of guidance documents and trainings for field-based IMOs. This will ensure an effective coordination, gap analysis and advocacy of better food security responses. The incumbent will be expected to deploy on a no-regrets basis to humanitarian emergencies on short notice in support of COs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support the food security cluster at country level to manage the process of collecting, analysing, and sharing information through high quality information products designed to assist food security cluster partners make programmatic, evidence-based and strategic decisions regarding aspects of a humanitarian crisis.
2. Undertake data analysis, mapping, information management and visualization exercises to strengthen response operations and/or assessments.
3. Provide guidance on IM tools, documents and materials for field-based food security cluster teams
4. Support the GFSC with global level communication and advocacy through the production of high-quality evidence-based information
5. Monitor and actively contribute to the production of accurate country level Food Security Cluster-specific reports for timely dissemination to partners and stakeholders.
6. Support Food Security Cluster teams in the Humanitarian Programme Cycle, planning phase (assessments, IPC/CH, Humanitarian Needs Overviews and Humanitarian Response Plans) and ‘minimum reporting requirements ‘.
7. Update the food security data and information handbook and Toolbox
8. Support collective and one-on-one trainings, development of training and e-learning materials
9. Provide backstopping and no-regret field deployments to support reporting, and data and information management and support the cluster’s website and dashboards
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
Advanced university degree in Economics, International Cooperation, Statistics, Data Management, GIS or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course
• Experience (at least 5 years) in the humanitarian field and emergency context, particularly in information and data management roles or similar roles (e.g., M&E, assessments, reporting)
• Strong knowledge of and experience in using advanced Excel for database management, data storage and file management expertise
• Strong knowledge of online data visualization needed; mapping skills are desirable.
• Proven ability to manage website content for the food security cluster
• Capacity development, training and knowledge management experience
• Previous experience in food security is desirable
• Has thorough understanding of collaboration and consensus-building with donors/ government officials, partners, etc. on multiple issues of moderate complexity
• Has demonstrated experience in a variety of contexts, including in emergencies and/or hardship duty stations.
• Has effectively worked with and/or supervised multi-cultural teams
• Has hands-on experience collaborating with a diverse array of humanitarian actors, including governments, NGOs, U.N. agencies, civil society, etc.;
Fluency (level C) in English and French language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is an International Professional position and is open to all nationalities.
Mobility is and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Rome, Italy to take up this assignment.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
How to apply
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at email@example.com in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified