- May 26, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Executive Assistant to COO
Hybrid working within UK (with access to the London office)
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 150 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of evidence-based policymaking in sustainable development for over 50 years.
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to COO to join us in a brand new role on a permanent, full-time basis.
– Salary of £43,082 – £53,525 per annum depending on experience
– 25 days’ annual leave per year, increasing by one day for every completed 2 years’ service up to 30 days for full-time staff with 10 years’ service (pro rata). We are also closed between Christmas and New Year and this is additional paid holiday
– 7.5% employer’s pension contributions to the IIED pension scheme
– A range of flexible working options for all employees after a qualifying period
– Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption policies
– An employee protection scheme offering a flexible menu of benefits such as life insurance, spouse and partner life cover, critical illness and/or income protection cover
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly organised individual with experience of working within a regulated environment to further their career with our vital organisation.
Our work has a global impact as we support developing nations and economies the world over. You’ll be operating at the heart of the action, supporting one of our key decision makers and maximising their time to enable even more critical work to be done.
Not only will you receive an extensive range of benefits but you’ll have ample opportunities to enhance your skillset and expand your knowledge as an important member of our team.
So, if you want to boost your career while working at the heart of our organisation, read on and apply today!
This newly created role will provide crucial support to our Chief Operating Officer (COO) and play a pivotal role in driving our change and operational management agenda. You will provide a range of administrative and logistical support to the Chief Operating Officer and other members of the IIED team.
Specifically, you’ll manage the COO’s communications, organise and co-ordinate their diary, and support their outputs by ensuring timely responses and meeting deadlines. You’ll also draft and proofread documents, undertake research, take minutes, and assist in the preparation of papers/presentations or reports.
You’ll support the COO to achieve their objectives, working closely with the senior management team on the delivery of special projects and assisting with tendering processes, compliance and risk management as well as managing SLAs with outsourced services, for example IT.
Additionally, you’ll assist with delivering and improving functions and guidelines and undertake some financial administrative duties.
To be considered as the Executive Assistant to COO, you will need:
– Experience of working within a highly regulated environment
– A strong track record of delivery in a multifaceted organisation, with experience of initiating and supporting change
– Knowledge of best practice in the operational and strategic aspects of finance, risk, and information and project management
– Minuting and note-taking skills at senior management level
– People management skills (on behalf of the COO)
– First-class interpersonal skills
– Excellent organisational and time management skills
– Excellent written communication skills
– Demonstrable personal commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)
– Demonstrable alignment with IIED core values
– Competency in relevant office software commensurate with the specific job role
The closing date for applications is midnight on 7th June 2023. Please submit your application at your earliest convenience as we will be shortlisting throughout the process.
First round of interviews is expected to take place in the week commencing 19th June 2023
Other organisations may call this role EA, PA, Personal Assistant, Secretary, Private Secretary, Executive Administrative Assistant, Executive Personal Assistant, Office Manager, Executive Secretary, or Executive Office Assistant.
IIED is a hybrid working organisation and you are likely to be working from home most of the time. As such, you will need a suitable place to work and a reliable, fast internet connection.
Webrecruit and International Institute for Environment and Development are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to join our esteemed organisation in this new role as the Executive Assistant to COO, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.