- February 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Location: Malé , Maldives (office-based)
Classification: Fixed Term
Salary: 1,033 Euro a month (Gross salary)
Supervisor: Project Manager for Maldives
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Internews Finance & Administrative Officer, based in Male, will provide high level day-to-day project administration and financial support. They will support across all facets of the project including:, liaising with co-applicants to ensure reporting requirements are met; collecting, reviewing and following up on financial reports; supporting event logistics and coordination among others. They will also support the overall administration of the project, including supporting procurement and logistics, financial and procurement record keeping, managing payments, providing support on report writing and preparing necessary documentation for financial reporting, etc.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager for Maldives , the Internews Finance & Administrative Officer will be responsible for administration and financial support related to the implementation of Internews’ programs in the Maldives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Oversee day to day office administration and operations with guidance from the Project Manager;
- Liaise on with Internews’ partners in the Maldives on financial reporting requirements;
- Develop quarterly cost estimation for program activities in line with set budgets and c ollaborate with Internews’ regional office and the finance team to produce quarterly forecast ;
- Monitors project budget to ensure incurred and projected spending is consistent with budgeted amounts;
- Ensure timely issuance of the financial report and prepare other reports as required;
- Review co-applicants quarterly financial report and submit to Business officer;
- Coordinate with the Business Officer and the finance team to ensure collection of necessary financial documents and adherence to donor financial requirements;
- Ensure that expense data is properly submitted, and that all expenses are reasonable. allowable and allocable, and conform to cost principles outlined in funder regulations;
- Maintaining complete accounting records of all expenses for Internews projects in compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy;
- Processes accounting requests from project management teams: expense reports, check requests, wire transfer requests, payments to vendors and contractors, etc;
- Support in organizing logistics, supplies and procurement needs for the office and activities
- Oversee office inventories to ensure they are being recorded, tracked and updated the conditions correctly in accordance with organization’s policy;
- Understands Maldives Tax Law, processes and ensures Internews is in compliance with all local laws and regulations;
- Works closely with counterparts in regional, head offices and communicate with relevant staff for any updates of organization financial policies;
- Liaise on with Internews’ implementation partners on financial and grant administration;
- Assist in timely collection of information as requested and in line with donor reporting requirements;
- Manage logistics for travel, meetings, including procurement of visas as needed;
- Manage administrative tasks in accordance with project timelines;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years in finance and office administration experience
- Relevant university degree
- Proficiency in Dhivehi is a requirement
- Adequate knowledge on Goods & Services Tax (GST) Act in line with the regulations of the Maldives Inland Revenue Authority (MIRA)
- Ability to communicate effectively and profess ionally in English
- Experience in civil society or development organization is preferred
- Legally authorized to live and work in the Maldives
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Proficient in MS Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for use of computer terminal and reading printed and electronic materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat and regularly exposed to the risk of radiation from regular exposure to computer VDTs. Many cities where the duties of this job are performed have less than adequate heating and/or electric facilities, lack hot water, heat, and gas.
Work hours are moderately flexible, but generally Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
Closing Date: 20th February 2022
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, all the tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the job holder a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
This position is located in the Maldives and therefore a successful applicant must both be present in the country for the duration of the assignment and obtain the Right to Work for that country in order to commence their employment.
How to apply
Please submit your application by following the link https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1649