- March 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Finance and Operations Manager
Oxfam in North Africa (NAF)
Based in Tunisia
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
Oxfam’s programs in the North Africa sub-region have a one-program approach, working in humanitarian response, development and influencing, with the ambition of increasing the role of civil society in influencing & advocacy and knowledge-for-impact both within and beyond the countries where Oxfam works.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Internal Job Grade:
Type of Contract:
Full time per National Staff Terms and Conditions / règlement intérieur
Annual Salary & Benefits:
According to Oxfam salary scale and HR policy & conditions in Tunisia
North Africa sub-region Director
Staff reporting to this position:
Finance Manager (Algeria)
The Finance and Operations Manager will be working with the 3 Executing Affiliates (Oxfam Novib, Oxfam Intermon and Oxfam Belgium) to harmonize policies, procedures and systems as much as possible all aligned with the current development from the Transforming Business Support Unit. S/he has the overview of the complete budget by compiling, monitoring and reporting on the finances in the countries in the North of Africa. Leading on the logistics and administration team that will provide all the support needed by the programs’ team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Performance Management & Business Intelligence
- Steward performance management leading the financial planning, budgeting and reporting process within the countries where Oxfam works in the North of Africa.
- Prepare the operational plan, consolidated budget and reports as per Oxfam International (OI) standards and processes, and the consolidated reporting for expenditure (Budget versus Actuals), all in cooperation with the 3 Executing Affiliates.
- Lead business intelligence activities, performing proactive monitoring and analysis to drive strategic business decisions and continuous improvement activities
- Support the development of KPIs and action planning to meet targets
- Understand the key drivers / scenarios that impact performance
- Analyze the impact of different financing strategies on programs
- Work in coordination with the Fundraising and Compliance Lead to ensure financial sustainability of programs.
- Provide strategic financial counsel to the NAF Director, ensuring s/he has regular, accurate and timely financial information.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of major programs and management issues.
- Support Collective Resource Allocation (CRA) investment decisions by ensuring the Global Program Influencing and Investment Framework (GPIIF) ratios are correctly interpreted and maintained.
- Support reimbursement process.
- Support communication and information flow between Oxfam Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Regional Finance Manager, affiliates and country offices.
- Support a climate of continuous professional improvement in business support across the country offices, identifying key gaps and training opportunities for staff.
- Assist with staff training in key finance related issues and procedures, working closely with the relevant Executing Affiliates (EAs).
- Support financial governance by ensuring the NAF Director, the Senior Management Team (SMT), MENA Regional Platform and Governance Group (GG) have quality financial information that is presented according to defined processes and timelines.
- Monitor multi-country grants and ensure compliance with institutional donor policies by partner organizations / partners in coordination with affiliates that have signed contracts with donors.
- Support the NAF Director by conducting regular effective risk analysis (i.e. variance analysis, trends) and reviews, ensuring proper financial and operational controls are in place.
- Create strategies to mitigate financial and operational risk, working closely with country offices and executing affiliates.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory reporting requirements including providing audited accounts to the relevant government bodies.
- Ensure compliance with Oxfam financial procedures and policies, including financial risk management, anti-terrorism and money laundering, etc.
Leadership and Coordination
- As a member of the senior management team (SMT), support the development of the strategy, with a focus on ensuring sufficient capacity and support in business operations, finance and risk management.
- Support the design and implementation of any required new systems, processes and policies, working in coordination with the functional teams (country offices and affiliates).
- Promote and shape the One Oxfam culture by facilitating spaces of participation and contribution across the various programs and support functions.
- Act as a change agent aligned with the Transformative Business Support Unit, providing insight and vision on how to enable change and create process improvements.
- Be proactive with the 3 Executing Affiliates to work on harmonizing policies, procedures and systems for a better alignment and meaningful management.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Education to Graduate level with a recognized accountancy qualification.
- Full professional qualification in accountancy (e.g., CA/ACCA/ACA/CIMA).
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in providing a whole range of Business Operations services to an organization (including financial management and financial controlling, risk management, logistics and technology), ideally with at least two years in the International NGO.
- Good leadership skills: experience of working in a supervisory position with a team structure.
- Proven ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation.
- Analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and high capacity of negotiation.
- Fluent English language skills and one language among Arabic or French.
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets.
- Self-management including ability to prioritize own workload and work independently and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel within and across the countries in the North of Africa.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined, multi-cultural team
- Proven working experience in, and knowledge of the North of Africa (Desirable)
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms objects, standards and tools (Desirable)
How to apply
Interested individuals must send their application no later than April 6th, 2022 by going to this link: https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=11351&company=OxfamNovibP
And clicking on the “Apply” button above.
In case further clarifications are need before the applications submission date, please do not hesitate to contact us via email.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds and nationalities based in North Africa or elsewhere in the MENA, and/or have proven experience in this region, are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their application acknowledged.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity organization