- September 24, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Finance Assistant is a junior level position of the organization. The main responsibilities of the position are to ensure proper checking and recording of the financial transactions into the books of accounts. His/her job includes checking of bills/invoices, preparation of expense summary and vouchers, Bank transactions, payments of bill to the employees/vendors, entering the financial transactions into the books of accounts, assist the Finance Team and Program Team of IRPh in financial reporting or any other job as and when assigned. He/she has to maintain close contact and relationship with the project staff and any other external parties as concerned with her job.
Bills/Invoices checking and processing for payment & receive:
- Checking and processing of the bills/invoices for payment
- Preparation of expense summary and vouchers for check
- Disbursement according to the Islamic relief Policies.
- Unauthorized payment should not be processed.
- Ensure financial transactions are accompanied by relevant and appropriate supporting documentations with transparency.
Bank/Cash transactions, payment, dealings and update of the subsidiary ledgers and reconciliation:
- Arrange the deposit and withdrawal of cash, transfer of fund.
- Update the Subsidiary Ledgers (Travel/Miscellaneous Advance, inter A/C fund transfer, Advance to non-budget items etc.) on daily basis.
- Cash must be kept properly and safe so any unauthorized person should not get access to the cash.
- Cash closing sheet must be prepared on daily basis.
- Cash count must be done on daily basis.
- Cash sheets must be signed by the supervisor.
- Finance Assistant will be responsible for any unreconciled cash.
Vouchers preparation and entry into GL:
- Make entry of all the vouchers (RV, PV, JV) into GL
- Apply basic accounting principles, knowledge & techniques to analyze the variances.
- Assist the Manager- Finance to confirm and verify the entry before posting and report generating for various financial report
- Voucher must be prepared in complete with all require documents.
- Voucher will not be considered complete until it contains all required documentation
- Preparation of Transfer Request Form prior to approval of Finance Manager & Country Director.
Petty cash management:
- Payment of petty expense of the office
- Ensure complete & accurate record of all petty cash transactions.
- Cost allocation of the expenses and request for replenishment in a timely manner.
- Cash management is the responsibility of finance person
- Petty Cash expenditure are fully monitored & reconciled.
- Fund request will be submitted before it is required by the team.
- Cash count and cash closing sheet must be mandatory
Audit & Records Management:
- Ensure that financial records, both paper and electronic formats, are up to date, filed in an orderly
- manner, properly labelled kept securely and easily retrievable.
- Ensure that the JNL’s needed are accurate and with relevant supporting documents
- Prepared scanned copy of vouchers in both closed and open files.
- Pulling out accurate vouchers when requested by Auditors
- Handling inquiries & queries
- Provide information about the policies & procedures
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Exemplifies high level of integrity, honesty, and customer-service skills
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with business principles and practices
- Superior attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills, planning skills, problem-solving skills, analytical skills and critical thinking skills
- Must be computer literate, well versed in using MS Excel particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software
- Ability to work in a demanding situation under pressure in a team independently with minimum supervision & delivery against team objectives.
- Communication, interpersonal, influencing & persuasive skills.
- Good Team player
- Willingness & ability to travel at short notice and/or to work extra hours as necessary, often in difficult circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims, objectives & organizational culture of IRW.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their CV with a cover letter on or before October 7, 2021, to HR.Philippines@islamic-relief.org.ph with email subject FINANCE ASSISTANT APPLICATION.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is a humanitarian and development organization and working in livelihood WASH, and DRR sectors in line with our vision of a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled, and people respond as one to the suffering of others. We work regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation or gender.
Selection will be based on application letter, CV, interview, and other relevant documents (as requested). Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Walk-in applicants and applications sent through Islamic Relief Philippines social media account i.e., Facebook, will not be entertained.
(Note: We need to fill in this role as soon as possible therefore we may stop considering job applications before the closing date as soon as suitable applications are received.)