We’re searching for aFinance Managerat Samaritan’s Purse! Do you have a mind for numbers and a heart for people? Is God calling you to serve internationally in a new capacity? This could be your chance for a career with purpose! Your expertise would support our global mission of providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world! We invite you apply today.
As a Finance Manager, you would be responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating all financial and budgetary aspects of the country office in Leogane, Haiti; responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to a specific program(s), projects and/or region in a country as assigned by the Country Director.
*This position is able to accommodate a spouse, but not a family
- Train and develop the capacity of national staff in management of finances.
- Mentor national staff in management of grant funded financial programs.
- Oversee internal and external audits and reviews as required to ensure compliance with Samaritan’s Purse and donor requirements.
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse’s field accounting policies.
- Ensure daily functions for recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, cash and bank ledgers, cash advances and field expense reports, reconciliation of cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation are carried out.
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base.
- Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Director and Samaritan’s Purse Headquarters.
- Assist with project budget preparations and regular review.
- Review and approve financial transactions for Samaritan’s Purse field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
- Provide support to Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required. This includes training on compliance with local regulations and Samaritan’s Purse policies.
- Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with an emphasis in accounting or related field of study plus two or more years related experience; CPA or equivalent certification preferred; or equivalent combination of accounting education and managerial experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred.
- Experience working and living overseas preferred, with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- A strong desire to develop and empower national staff.
- Proven management experience.
- Works well with a level head and diplomacy in a sometimes adverse and pressured environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with software and intuitive ability in learning new computer programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to travel to field sites to monitor finances.
- Fluency in English is required; French or Creole preferred.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Please submit a detailed résumé and cover letter explaining how your experience relates to this position. We look forward to reviewing your application!