- December 7, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced households.
To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Logistics Department and related programme activities by working under the supervision of the Fleet Officer in overseeing and coordinating the GOAL Syria fleet of hired vehicles and drivers, in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures. The FA is responsible for assisting the FO and SLO in maintaining a system of planning and controls to ensure an efficient, donor compliant and effective transport operation is in place as per instructions of the FO.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Ensure all GOAL Fleet Management policies and procedures are implemented and all relevant paperwork is completed and recorded for donor compliance;
- Maintain a GOAL Syria Fleet Register of all hired vehicles and drivers;
- Ensure that all vehicles are fit for purpose, prioritising the safety of GOAL staff;
- Oversee/Maintain a schedule for periodical and preventative maintenance for all GOAL vehicles and ensure service and maintenance is carried out according to the schedule;
- Supervise the presence of full safety and repair equipment in all the vehicles according the list in the logbook;
- Monitor the fuel consumption of all vehicles in the monthly vehicle report (Monthly Fleet Report) and send the figures monthly to the FO
- Supervising all the fleet owned by the organization (generators, forklifts, motorcycles, etc.) and completing logbook files, periodic maintenance, fuel, and sending monthly reports to FLM
- Support the coordination of all vehicle movements in Syria between Afrin and field locations, in accordance with all GOAL procedures.
- Ensure that there is an efficient system of vehicle booking (daily, weekly, late, individual vehicle) in place, to accommodate staff requests and programme needs.
- Ensure all planned movements are always tracked daily on planning board and filled in transport report.
- Liaise with Warehouse Supervisor and Programme Teams to coordinate all movement of trucks from Afrin and GOAL warehouses to and from distribution areas;
- Manage road transport contracts and submit fortnightly payment forecasts to FO
- Collect and collate delivery dockets (DD), as proof of delivery for road transport contracts, and prepare payment request forms (PRF) for contract payments; and
- Monitor performance of road transport companies and report any issues to the FO
- Ensure all drivers hired by GOAL have a valid driving permit for the class of the vehicle that they are driving;
- Ensure that a rotation schedule for drivers and duty drivers in Harem is in place and followed;
- Supervise the planning of breaks and leave of all drivers in Harem, ensuring that drivers receive adequate rest and there are sufficient drivers on duty at any given time to avoid interruption to services and programme activities;
- Ensure that all drivers perform their duties according their job descriptions. E.g. cleaning of cars, performing daily/weekly checks, good and responsible driving behavior;
- Ensure that all GOAL Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) with regards to safety, security and transportation are implemented and adhered to by hired drivers;
- Liaise with HR/Admin Officer in discipline procedures and addressing HR issues related to drivers, in accordance with GOAL HR policy; and
- Participate in recruitment process of new vehicles/drivers.
- Prepare a detailed monthly vehicle report and submit by the due date to the FO; and
- Ensure that incident reports are completed for any minor/major transport or security incidents and submitted immediately to the FO and/or C&T Manager.
- Implement improved systems and procedures for fleet, transport and driver management, as directed by the FO and/or SLO;
- Any other duties, as directed by the FO, to support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Logistics Department and related programme activities;
- All positions in GOAL Syria Logistics Department/s may at times require manual handling and lifting.
- At least 2 year of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration, fleet/transport, or mechanics in private or government;
- Live in North Aleppo Area.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle management and maintenance;
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Good administration skills;
- Good inter-personal skills, with a proven ability to coach and train others;
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies;
- Good time management, prioritisation and planning skills;
- Ability to work with the FO to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a rapidly changing work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required;
- Trustworthy and honest;
- Willingness and ability to undertake some travel for work purposes, as required
- Qualifications in fleet/transport management or trade certificates in mechanics; and
- Ability to write, speak and work in English.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this ongoing commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application deadline is 16 December 2021.