- March 21, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Terre des hommes is recruiting a Fundraising Manager, who likes to develop projects proposals, is passionate about fundraising and donor cultivation. If you look for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact in the lives of children, we want to meet you
Start date As soon as possible
Contract One-year, local full-time contract, renewable.
Salary&Benefits 1600 Eur net per month, Private health insurance, accident insurance
Location Bucharest or Chisinau, with occasional travel between the two locations.
Applicants must have a valid work permit to work and reside in one of the two countries.
Terre des hommes Foundation, a member of the International Federation Terre des hommes, is the largest international child rights NGO in Switzerland established over 60 years ago. We operate in over 35 countries with over 100 projects of development aid and emergency impacting over 3 million beneficiaries annually. In Europe our direct assistance projects, strengthening systems and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of access to justice and migration. Terre des hommes has seven offices established in Europe (Moldova, Romania, Ukraine, Hungary, Albania, Greece, and Kosovo,) and is also engaged in projects with partners from other European countries and beyond.
The Fundraising Manager will have a key role in the resource mobilization and fundraising activities of the Multi-country Delegation Eastern Europe, operating directly in Romania and Moldova and through partners in other Eastern Europe countries. This position will lead the development of proposals and ensure the implementation of Tdh Grant acquisition process. The recruited person will also be responsible for enlarging the donor base of Tdh offices in Romania and Moldova as well as coordinate other development activities to support the Eastern Europe Delegation meet its revenue targets.
- Identify relevant funding opportunities, map donors, and track institutional calls for proposals.
- Adhere to and actively promote a fundraising culture in the two countries of the Delegation.
- Develop fundraising proposals (concept notes and full applications) through grant-writing and team mobilization, in accordance with Tdh Grant Acquisition Process (GAP).
- Act as a technical advisor and/or manager for collaborative proposal development.
- Develop processes and systems to ensure that the two Tdh entities follow a rigorous fundraising plan and achieve their performance targets.
- Work with the management of the region (country directors) and country programme staff to support and leverage their donor representation, donor cultivation, relationship building, and donor intelligence gathering.
- Provide guidance, coaching and training to country staff on donor cultivation (building relationships), gathering donor intelligence, building visibility, and pre-positioning for funding opportunities.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Regional Fundraising and Grant Writing Advisor based in Hungary and the Institutional Fundraising Sector in the HQ.
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in international relations, business or public administration, economics, development or humanitarian studies or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a context of fundraising and business development, ideally in Eastern Europe region. Experience in planning and monitoring progress towards set goals and exposure to budget preparation.
- A successful track record with institutional donors such as EU, EuropeAid, USAID, SDC, EEA & Norway grants, and UN agencies.
- Extensive experience in proposal writing and donor relationship management.
- Experience of working in a collaborative environment with minimal direct supervision in a complex setting.
- Well-honed leadership skills, along with facilitation, networking, and advocacy skills.
- A commitment to excellence, respect for donor rules & attention to details.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Fully proficient in writing and editing.
- Competency in Romanian language is considered an advantage. Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Fundraising Manager, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.