What problems are more interesting to solve than making people click more ads? Plenty.
We at NRC have embarked on a massive, yet exhilarating, challenge to radically rethink how technology is put to the service of millions of people.
Join our new team of smart, hard-working individuals who accept the challenge and choose to shape a better tomorrow. Members of this team are extra special, just like you. They embrace diversity. They thrive in uncertainty. And they refuse to settle for mediocrity. We call them the D Team. We’re looking for makers, doers, those who act out of conviction not fear, those who don’t take no for an answer, and those who’d rather try and fail than embrace mediocrity.
*Do you want to be the next Global Technical Lead at a global humanitarian organisation impacting the lives of 9 million people every year?*
Duties and responsibilities
The Global Technical Lead will work within the Digital Transformation (D) Team and be the highest technical reference point for the entire global organisation, across all digital transformation initiatives. Some of the main duties and responsibilities for the role holder will be;
- Set the technical direction of digital transformation projects across all of NRC.
- Lead the NRC strategy for building an organisational information management ecosystem in terms of architecture, engineering, and technology choices.
- Be responsible for the delivery of technical solutions (software development best practices) and leadership of development cycles for upcoming systems.
- Provide guidance on selection for the tools and frameworks used by NRC. This includes hands-on evaluation of tech stacks, solutions, and third-party tools.
- Further develop NRC’s Open Source technology approach, including issues of standards, security, resourcing, and contributing to the broader sector community or practice.
- **For more information about the role, please access the job description*** here
- 5+ years of relevant senior experience leading IT projects and/or working with startups.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related subjects, or demonstrable expertise in the field.
- Strong skills in full-stack web development (backend and frontend) and/or mobile development is required.
- Solid knowledge of cloud infrastructure, SaaS platforms, and web application design and architecture.
- Demonstrable experience in managing Agile software development projects and an in-depth understanding of the software development cycle.
- Comfortable working remotely within a geographically distributed team.
- Strategic thinking
- Life-long learner
- *Working with people**
We can offer
- We can offer a strongly committed, challenging, and international work environment in a well-known humanitarian organisation.
- The position is a full-time, two-year engagement at our Berlin Office. Salary by agreement, good pension, and insurance schemes.
How to apply
How to apply
Applications have to be in English and submitted through this unified post on the online portal Webcruiter.
NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on all candidates.
To apply click here