- October 25, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Azaz – North Aleppo Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organization has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
To support the effective operation of the ORGANIZATION Northern Aleppo Offices and related programme activities by providing general logistics assistance, specifically with the facilities maintenance, in accordance with ORGANIZATION Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Ensure that all plumbing works and other maintenance is completed for all kitchens, equipment and appliances.
- Installing all types of electric appliances and in addition to ensure that we have a supply of all basic electric supplies (switches, outlets, wires, etc.)
- Ensuring that all electricity generators are connected to the offices correctly and that power is supplied to all rooms.
- Ensuring that all basic carpentry works is completed (repairing windows and doors and installing locks)
- Dismantling and reinstalling the offices furniture in addition to the glass work (cutting changing and the like).
- Fixing white boards in halls and office rooms.
- Helping the IT department install all related equipment.
- Installing the offices requirements like fire extinguishers.
- Painting rooms and halls when necessary and installing office desks when he is needed to do.
Stock and Asset Management:
- Ensure that all stock management procedures in ORGANIZATION offices are effectively followed in compliance with the ORGANIZATION Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Assist the Fixed Assets & Premises Officer by labelling any newly purchased or donated assets.
- Ensure that staff complete Loss and Damage reports for any assets lost or damaged and liaise with SLO for repair or disposal;
- Ensure all assets disposal from Darkoush office is correct and compliant with ORGANIZATION Logistics Manual procedures with regards to asset disposal;
Premises and Compound:
- Monitor and replenish stock levels for all office stationeries and consumables;
- Ensure that ORGANIZATION premises are well maintained and that all utilities are effectively managed;
- Ensure that ORGANIZATION offices are clean and neat .
- Monitor condition of premises and raise requests for repair and maintenance when required; and
- Report any security concerns relating to and of the Organization offices and ensure Senior Logistic officer or Logistic Manager and Access Manager are informed of all relevant security information promptly.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as directed by logistic officer and the Senior Logistic Officer;
- Fulfil ORGANIZATION Syria reporting requirements;
- All positions in ORGANIZATION Syria Logistics Department/s may at times require manual handling and lifting.
- High School diploma prefer to be technical secondary school majoring in electrical or mechanical, priority of certificate from an institute or university similar to these technical specialties
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in areas such as logistics, office/facilities maintenance
- good computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload in a in a rapidly changing work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required;
- Willingness to learn and to take on extra duties as required;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and honest; and
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills; and
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of plumbing, mechanics, electrical and construction
- Basic English Level to write and read emails or document .
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 7th November 2021 .
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform email@example.com with the details immediately.
“يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عن طريق ارسال رساله الكترونيه الى firstname.lastname@example.org و الافصاح عن جميع بالتفاصيل على الفور.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.