- February 9, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Grants Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded project.The 5-year activity aims to promote peace between the West Bank and Gaza (WBG) and Israel through expanded economic and research partnerships with the WBG, Israel and the U.S. The activity will also support expanded trade opportunities for Palestinians across the Middle East and North Africa region.??
The Grants Manager will be responsible in overseeing the rapid mobilization and post-award management of the projected grant activities implemented throughout West Bank/Gaza and Israel.
Reporting & Supervision:?
The Grants Manager will report to the Chief of Party with a dotted-line reporting to to the HQ-based Project Director, and HQ Director of Grants to ensure full involvement of headquarters support and integration of corporate systems in the grants processes. The Grants Manager will also supervise the field grants team.
- As custodian of the grants portfolio, manage the entirety of the grants process from pre-solicitation to grant close-out, identifying and resolving bottlenecks, problem solving/providing senior-level guidance to staff as issues arise, and periodically reviewing, adapting, and streamlining the grants process in collaboration with field and HQ project staff/leadership;?
- Oversee BREB’s use of Creative’s grants management system (SMART), ensuring that:?
- Grant records (solicitations, applications, awarded activities, amendments, payments, deliverables, etc.) and all supporting documentation are accurate and up to date;
- Grant payments are properly reconciled with Creative’s Dynamics accounting system;?
- Reports/dashboards meet the needs of each BREB department/team;?
- User issues are immediately reported to the HQ Grants department and resolved; and?
- System enhancements are explored with the HQ Grants department and implemented where necessary and feasible.?
- Supervise the BREB grants field team, ensuring strong coordination and communication among the team throughout the region;?
- Coach, mentor, and train BREB staff on SMART and the project’s grants process as needed;?
- Facilitate strong coordination/teamwork between HQ and the field, liaising between the BREB’s field team, HQ backstop team, and HQ Grants department as needed to answer compliance-related questions, troubleshoot grant implementation challenges, and report on the overall status of the Trade Hub’s grants portfolio;?
- Collaborate with the BREB’s Public Private Partnerships (PPP) and sector specialist teams to guide applicants through the co-creation/pre-award negotiation process and strengthen the capacity of grants staff to provide pre- and post-award mentoring and guidance to applicants/grantees; and??
- Work across BREB teams (grants, PPP, and sector specialists) and with project leadership to finalize award packages (grant agreements, grant negotiation memos, workplans, and budgets); collaborate with BREB’s backstop team, HQ Grants and Contracts, and, where appropriate, USAID to shepherd finalized packages through the approval process.??**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- M.S. degree in project management, accounting/financial management, or related field; and at least ten years of relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least twelve years of relevant experience;??
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;??
- Prior experience providing senior/corporate level support and training to staff under U.S. Government (USG)-funded grants programs;?
- Strong demonstrable experience in grants management (Grants under Contract) and the grants process for a USAID program is a must;??
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;?
- Excellent project management, leadership, and supervisory skills;?
- Strong knowledge of USG donor regulations as they relate to grants and contracts;?
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills;??
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently;??
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines;??
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.) and grants management software; and?
- Fluency in written and spoken English with the ability to draft high quality grant agreements, negotiation memorandums, and justifications for grant approval;?
- Available to travel within the region when necessary, in particular to the other project offices;?
- Previous experience working with USAID strongly desired;?
- Excellent written and verbal English and Arabic, Hebrew is a plus.