- January 26, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Based in Les Cayes- Hiati.
French is mandatory.
The Area Manager (AM) has the overall responsibility to ensure management and coordination of the organisation’s interventions in Grand Sud of Haiti, for both long term (development) and humanitarian work, including coordination with partners’, and oversight of program delivery.
The AM will provide overall strategic and operational leadership to Save the Children programs with the responsibility to deliver high quality programming, developing clear strategic and operational plans, increasing SC visibility, forging strong partnerships with and between consortium members, local government structures, CBOs, the United Nations, National Government and other NGOs working in in the Grand Sud region of Haiti. The AM will ensure that results based reporting and other deliverables meet SC standards, particularly the Child Safeguarding and Child Safe programming standard.
Save the Children is implementing long-term interventions in the South region of Haiti, particularly in 6 municipalities of South and Grand’Anse, with the possibility to scale up to Nippes and additional municipalities in previous two departments. Save the Children is currently supporting the humanitarian response to the August 14th earthquake that hit the region in 2021, in close cooperation with our local partners.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Experience in managing field office with NGO;
- At least 5 years of senior management experience in an NGO environment, with experience managing child right based education, protection, health, DRR, livelihoods, WASH or other development programming;
- Adequate academic education level in any of the thematic highlighted above; or other relevant background in social sciences;
- Proven ability to manage cross-sector programmes, with extensive experience managing multi-agency programmes
- Ability to represent the organisation at a strategic level and engage and influence key stakeholders at the area level;
- Demonstrated experience of working with national level government structures;
- Self-motivated and results oriented;
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and reporting systems;
- Experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management;
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others;
- Highly diplomatic with excellent political awareness and understanding;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French, English and Creole;
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of staff with different backgrounds and expertise;
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles;
- Prior experience of delivering large scale (in excess of USD 5m) programmes;
Previous work experience in large scale emergency response
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bXBhZGlsbGEuNjU2MjEuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t