- October 27, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The post holder is responsible to manage and coordinate all regular country program administration and logistics activities, including general administration, procurements, supply chain, logistics, development of relevant plans and reports and other administration duties to ensure compliance and effective implementation of the SCI policies as well as smooth operation of Save the Children programme in Vietnam.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership and coordination for the delivery of high-quality support to programs at the country office and field offices;
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the country office as a member of Extended Senior Management team with particular emphasis on collaboration and coordination with Awards, Finance, Human Resources and Program Managers
- Contribute to the Country Strategic Planning (CSP), Country Annual Planning (CAP) process and participate in proposal and budget submission ensuring Procurement Plans per Award
- Develop and implement a Supply Chain Plan with support from the Regional Supply Chain Team
- Implement and ensure continuity of a strong operating platform ensuring the right structure with the right staff in the right positions
- Ensure the preparation and sharing of timely and high quality reports including a monthly summary report for Finance and Support Services Director and SMT to guide key decisions on Administration and Supply Chain
- Ensure strict compliance with Save the Children and donors’ Administration and Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Plans and facilitates trainings on relevant Save the Children policies and procedures for all staff including briefing newly-hired personnel and visitors on the organization’s policies and procedures related to Administration and Supply Chain;
- Administration and Supply Chain
- Ensures all SCI office, storage and warehouse facilities are properly maintained, insured, secured and SCI follows all health and safety regulations; oversees annual review and management of all property leases, utility and service contracts
- Coordinates and oversees all procurements of goods and services, ensures bidding procedures are fully compliant with SC (and donors’, as applicable) policies and procedures and goods are purchased to meet identified project needs in quality and time
- Ensuring procurement trackers are up to date and according to SCI requirements
- Consolidates procurement plan and support Program Implementation Director to monitor and ensure all procurements are on track.
- Ensures timely and proper international and domestic travel arrangements are made for staff and visitors, and any SC vehicles are well maintained and timely registered.
- Keeps up to date with visa/work permit requirements and supervises or facilitates obtaining visas, visa extension, travel permits and other required documentation for SC expatriate staff and foreign visitors.
- Oversees the local logistics support for meetings, workshops, trainings and other SC’s events
- Supports the work of the Finance and Support Services Director by providing information for renewing office licences, work and resident permits, reports to PACCOM and provincial People’s Committees
- Works closely with Finance Section and Programmes also relevant team members at Area Offices to coordinate and manage regular warehousing and asset inventory activities to do asset physical checks in all locations where stock items are stored and managed by Save the Children.
- Supervises and coordinates compiling the office inventory, warehouse physical check and preparing the regular inventory report
- Ensures the reconciliation between TIM ( Total Inventory Management System) and Agresso are done as per SCI requirements.
- Prepares, negotiates, renew/end assets and others insurance coverage
- Procures, negotiates, and supervises repairs and improvements in the Hanoi office and ensures smooth, high quality and customer oriented functioning of the office reception
- Conducts regular review for the preferred list of suppliers and ensures that the list is updated at least semi annually in order to maximize cost efficiency;
- Supervises and assists in obtaining all authorization and documentation required for duty-free importation of office equipment, vehicles, office supplies, personal effects, project suppliers, etc. Supervises the transport arrangements for SC consignments from Hanoi to other locations.
- Provides technical support to area offices and relevant teams in implementation of safe and security plans in the aspects where admin and logistics are responsible i.e. vehicles, visitors, offices, facilities, communications network and supply chain, etc.
- Create and maintain a filing system for all Admin and Logistics activities and ensures the accuracy of computerized database and administrative filling
- Prepares data for monthly Key Performance Indictaros and ensures good performance for KPIs relevant for Admin and Logisitic.
- Other support responsibilities
- Together with Finance and Support Services maintains effective and cost efficient relationships with other INGOs, partners, PACCOM an other outsourced services contractors
- Supports Finance and Support Services in the consolidation of annual budget data and cash forecast.
- Flexible and available for missions to the field for special support or supervision.
- Conducts regular monitoring visits, provides technical support and helps to build capacity of relevant staff and partners.
- Supports Finance and Support Services team in updating Pre-departure information and prepares monthly safety and security report
- Staff Management
- Ensure that all team members understand and are able to perform their roles during normal operations setting and when in an emergency response.
- Manage the performance of all staff in administration and supply managment team through: Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear,
- measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans
- Working contacts
- Internal – in country: Finance and Support Services Director, SMT, Programme, Awards and Finance Staff
- Internal – Regional Office and Centre: Supply Chain Team
- External: Government Agencies, INGOs, donors, suppliers of goods and services
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, MA is preferable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years experience in Administration management, preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organization
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese government system and international development arena
- Proven knowledge and skills in office and staff management, procurement and logistics
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent prioritization skill and ability to coordinate a variety of work activities
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Good financial management skill
- Has strong sense for compliance
- Proven commitment to children’s rights and equality of opportunity
- Good computer and IT skills
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of Vietnam development issues and NGO networks
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wOTgwOC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20