- March 21, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Location: Remote with up to 40% travel to focus countries (South Sudan & Ukraine Crisis)
Reports to: Executive Director
Veterinarians without Borders/ Vétérinaires sans Frontières – Canada (VWB) is a charitable, humanitarian organization whose mission is to work for, and with, those in need to foster the health of animals, people, and the environments that sustain us. More information about the organization can be found at www.vetswithoutborders.ca.
The Head of Emergency Response Programs & Countries will provide oversight to all operational response activities. They will be responsible for the provision of operational and emergency input, which includes the review of proposals and their associated budgets and the identification of any operational risks.
They will manage multiple streams of work that are being implemented within the two priority countries, as well as other countries that are identified.
- Lead the integration of response and preparedness operations into VWB’s organizational strategy, with a particular lens into climate change. Provide technical guidance to VWB countries to further strategically develop their response and preparedness.
Program Management and Implementation **
- Effectively coordinate with response and preparedness operation with all internal VWB departments, countries, finance, project and communication teams to deliver exceptional results
- Oversee the design, monitoring and execution of projection implementation plans, annual work plans and donor reporting to ensure funder and internal compliance
- Provide overall direction and management to international program budgets and financial administration
· Lead the timely and quality delivery of all response operations on the ground and/or remotely
· Ensure the program budget is well managed and monitored as per compliance requirements set out by VWB Canada as well as work with VWB Canada Finance Department to submit and seek approval on all major budget revisions;
· Conduct final review and approval of project level financial reports with partners
- Monitor project implementation to ensure that all project activities are on schedule and adhere to VWB Canada policies and procedures;
- Prepare and submit program technical reports, capturing results and lessons learned;
- Support the country offices and partners on programme quality including the adherence to donor requirements, the implementation of international programme standards (e.g. Sphere) and adherence to internal guidelines, policies and procedures.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning **
- Ensure high-quality programming that achieves impact through consistent focus on monitoring, evaluation and learning in program planning and implementation.
- Develop, implement, and oversee data collection instruments and conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Develop templates to document learning including dissemination plans
Program Development Support
- Mobilize resources: work alongside Engagement Manager and ED to cultivate and identify donors
- Write, review and edit proposal narratives, concept notes, and other business/program development documents
Representation & Communication
- Act as VWB Canada’s principal external representative for the two focus countries with a range of key donors, policy makers, governments, public and private partners, and news media.
- Attend and participate in external meetings, workshops, conferences etc. and brief the Asia/Africa team as needed.
- Work closely with the Engagement Manager and volunteers to arrange public engagement events including the preparation and distribution of presentation materials, event registration, etc.
- Support Public Engagement activities and provide input for the website updates and ways of profiling VWB Canada to a wider audience.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years management experience working in challenging humanitarian contexts
- Documented skills in needs assessment, project planning, design and technical writing
- Experience working with local partners/government authorities and UN organizations
- Pervious experience working in Ukraine and/or South Sudan an asset
- Previous experience working in Animal Health an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English
- Strong organizational skills. ability to multi-task, and/or provide timely feedback on an as needed and/or urgent basis
- Demonstrated intercultural sensitivity and effective interpersonal skills
- Resourceful team player who can also be very effective independently
- Familiarity with the One Health concept an asset
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by March 31st however applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.