- March 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Head of Program and Partnership (HoPP)
Oxfam in North Africa (NAF)
Based in Morocco
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
Oxfam’s programs in the North Africa sub-region have a one-program approach, working in humanitarian response, development and influencing, with the ambition of increasing the role of civil society in influencing & advocacy and knowledge-for-impact both within and beyond the countries where Oxfam works.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Internal Job Grade:
Type of Contract:
Full time per Oxfam Règlement Intérieur
Annual Salary & Benefits:
According to Oxfam salary scale and Oxfam Règlement Intérieur in Morocco
North of Africa sub-region Director
Staff reporting to this position:
Governance and Civic Space Program and Policy Lead
Gender Justice Program and Policy Lead
Economic Justice Program and Policy Lead
Programme Quality Coordinator
The HoPP has the strategic oversight of programs in the countries where Oxfam work in the North of Africa. This role facilitates strategic program development and ensures that thematic leads and program managers have the needed resources and support to implement the programs in line with quality standards. The HoPP oversees coordination and coherence across program pillars, further develops and ensures implementation of Oxfam’s partnership strategy across the North of Africa and, together with the Advocacy and Campaigns Lead and team, strengthens Oxfam’s influencing approach in all programs.
This role will also ensure that program quality standards are applied across the programs, including gender analysis, gender mainstreaming and safe programming. The HoPP is be part of the subregional senior management team (SMT).
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Strategy and Leadership
- Lead on the strategic direction of North of Africa, ensure Oxfam’s development programmes are coherent and aligned with Middle East and North of Africa (MENA) regional and global strategies with a clear focus on Oxfam’s added value in the North of Africa.
- Further develop and lead on implementation of Oxfam’s partnership strategy.
- Contribute to the strategic discussions in the MENA region, and enhance cross-regional dynamics.
- Lead on engagement with Partner Affiliates and Oxfam International (OI) stakeholders in support of developing, resourcing and quality implementation of Oxfam strategy.
- Manage and support the preparation of high-quality reports/ program documentation/ learning and support its dissemination among key stakeholders in projects and programs, including other Oxfam countries, community and peer organizations, government agencies, universities, development organizations, donors, and the larger public.
- Promote and facilitate exchange and learning across teams in the countries where Oxfam works in the North of Africa, as well as among community and peer organisations, government agencies, universities, development organisations, donors and the larger public (as relevant).
- As a member of the SMT, provide inputs and priorities for reflection and decision making.
- Together with the North of Africa sub-region Director, lead on annual planning and reporting processes in program related-matters.
- Institutional Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence and compliance of the programmes to agreed Oxfam policies and management standards.
- As needed and by delegation from the North of Africa sub-region Director, represent Oxfam in relevant fora and meetings with donors, partners or other stakeholders to promote and increase the organisation strategic positioning.
- In close coordination with the North of Africa sub-region Director and the Funding and Compliance Lead, foster co-operation between Oxfam affiliates, actively seek and participate in fundraising initiatives, and negotiate funding opportunities for programs. Actively engage in discussions with partners and other stakeholders on fostering external funding opportunities.
- Provide strategic advice programmatically to support external and internal resource mobilisation.
- Coordinate and/or actively participate in the design and oversight of programmes, ensuring accountability of relevant stakeholders and/or providing thematic function support to the effective delivery of Multi Country Programs (MCP).
- In close coordination with program leads, proactively build relationships with external stakeholders and allies including donors, government representatives and other civil society organizations, academia, to increase partnership and influence.
- Lead and guide partnership strategy development and implementation in close collaboration with Program Leads, the Influencing team and others, ensuring Oxfam in the North of Africa is establishing strategic relationships and strengthening coalitions and networks both, across countries and within each of them, based on Oxfam partnership principles and best practices.
- Oversee and/or promote linkages and shared learning between counterparts and key stakeholders. for effective deliver quality program as well as in providing sound monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability.
- Manage, monitor and mentor the Program & Partnership team through day-to-day line-management, hosting regular team meetings as well as one-to-one meetings with the various members.
- Responsible for the program team’s HR issues and concerns; team building, staff coaching and development, and performance review and assessment. In addition, the HoPP also manages and facilitates the recruitment and selection processes of the program staff. Ensure and facilitate linkages, exchanges and shared learnings amongst and between the team members based in different countries and managing a diverse range of programmes, with the partners, and within the organization.
- Financial management in line with Oxfam’s policies and principles of delegation of authority.
- Program Quality Assurance and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) – planning, delivery and reporting
- In close coordination with Programme and Policy Leads and Programme Quality Coordinator, ensure and be accountable for the quality design, implementation, management and monitoring of the Oxfam program. This includes accomplishing program and project objectives, monitoring and reporting the progress of the strategy and annual plan.
- Oversee and ensure programme quality is part and parcel of programmes, including Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) frameworks, data and information collection for programme monitoring, reporting, donor engagement and learning, across programmes (including influencing) and teams and facilitates accountability to stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program team, working closely and inclusively with partners in countries or regional organisations, develops and delivers quality programs.
- Oversee and monitor programs’ budget and expenditures, in close coordination with the Program and Policy Leads and Finance and Operations Manager.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- A Master’s degree level or equivalent experience in development, social science, or other relevant fields.
- At least 10 years of experience in development organization/s as a progressively responsible professional working experience especially in the area of program design, implementation, management, M&E framework design and implementation; working with learning initiatives.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the North of Africa, and experience in working in countries in transition as well as a significant knowledge of the thematic areas of work of Oxfam.
- Strong abilities to address gender issues, women’s rights, and safe programming principles the design and delivery of program and influencing work.
- Experience in representing an organization at senior level to civil society organizations, government, donors, private sector and media.
- Experience in leading and managing complex organizational structures and multi-country programming.
- Strong experience in building relations with Civil Society Organisation, government and research institutions.
- Strong skills in professional writing, facilitation, communication, data management and analysis, knowledge management, research and development, and M&E.
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English (Arabic is desirable).
- Experience in developing, designing and writing complex initiatives, programmes and projects.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and collaboration skills, particularly in cross-cultural contexts.
- Multi-year work experience in more than one country in the North of Africa (desirable).
How to apply
Interested individuals must apply no later than April 6th, 2022 by going to this link: https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=11349&company=OxfamNovibP
And clicking on the “Apply” button above.
In case further clarifications are need before the applications submission date, please do not hesitate to contact us via email.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds and nationalities based in North Africa or elsewhere in the MENA, and/or have proven experience in this region, are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their application acknowledged.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity organization