- December 18, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Present in Sierra Leone since 1999, IRC supports the Sierra Leonean institutions – government, civil society, community-based organizations and private sector – to provide improved social services. The IRC does this through programs and partnerships designed to improve the life of women, youth and children by implementing Health, Education, and Women’s Protection and Empowerment programming.
Scope of work
The IRC is recruiting for a Technical Advisor (Universal Health Coverage) to His Excellency the Vice President of Sierra Leone. The TA will report to the DDP in IRC and with a dotted line to the VP and FCDO. This is component of the IRC lead Saving Lives funded by FCDO
Areas of responsibility
• Provide the Office of the Vice President (OVP) with evidence, contacts, information and advice on all matters related to Universal Health Coverage.
• Drive the political support for the UHC roadmap, advocate among stakeholders such as MoHS, MoF, Parliament, etc.
• Support the implementation of ‘quick wins’ identified in the UHC issues paper.
• Engage and utilize political economy analysis to advance critical policies.
• Provide analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve health financing and governance issues
• Provide technical input and support on financial protection schemes such as the Sierra Leone Social Health Insurance
• Use various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform financing, governance and policy analysis tasks
• Participate in and/or prepare necessary technical reports, including presentations and white papers fact sheets and other similar notes as necessary
• Guide and support data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of activities and deliverables
• Represent the Office of the Vice President in meetings as delegated
• Attend and provide inputs at the FCDO TA meeting, as needed
• Where as appropriate this role will contribute inputs on VP priorities into the Saving Lives program in Sierra Leone program.
• Deliver any related deliverables as delegated by IRC.
The post will work with the overall Technical Advisor for OVP, Senior Grants Coordinator, Senior Team Leader for Saving Lives program, Saving Lives CCU team, DDP and FCDO.
To effectively deliver this engagement, the applicant should meet the following requirements:
• MPH/Masters in International Health or related qualification in health;
• At least 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in a Low or Middle-Income Country;
• Previous experience of having worked closely with Government departments or political office in similar capacity;
• Understanding of the political landscape of the health sector in Sierra Leone;
• Demonstrated experience using data for decision making, including interpretation and analysis of macro-economic elements;
• Ability to provide technical support and feedback with a high degree of tact and diplomacy;
• Excellent English speaking/writing skills.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to apply