- May 19, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Career with BRAC International
BRAC International is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world, and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organization with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country’s context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
In preparation for the launch of the program, BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position in Rwanda.
Position: Human Resources and Administration Officer
Job Location: BRAC Rwanda Country Office
Number of positions: 1
The Human Resource and Administration Officer will provide HR and Administrative support to BRAC Rwanda, support in the execution of HR policies, programs, and Admin related activities. The HR and Administrative officer will be responsible for safe custody of fixed and non-fixed assets, office supplies, and related materials procured at the national officer. S/he will ensure that all the properties/ assets at the national office are properly registered as per BRAC International standards. S/he will arrange flights and hotel reservations for meetings and various Activity events as needed. S/he will be responsible for the supply of stationery and other fast-moving stock items.
Key Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Ensure execution of HR policies, procedures and programs
- Advise/ guide field management regarding the execution of HR policies and the interpretation of rules, staffing and related personnel problems.
- Assist the Human Resource and Safeguarding Manager in training of staff on safeguarding matters, compliance and reporting,
- Responsible for the monitoring and tracking of staff trainings to include BRAC International Trainings for new staff as well as refresher trainings for ongoing staff.
Manage the recruitment and onboarding process
Coordinate – in liaison with the HR+SGM – the recruitment process from A to Z, from formulating job advertisements to arranging interviews.
- Coordinate recruitment of staff, ensuring vacancies are advertised appropriately with clearly stated Job Description
- Confirm and affirm that due process has been followed in every Employee Resourcing process.
- Ensure that advertised vacancies have been longlisted/ shortlisted and the list forwarded to the HR& SG Manager.
- Ascertain accuracy and completeness of the staff information and records: National ID/ Passport, Advert, Job description, Recruitment sheets, CV’s etc
- Support the staff onboarding process
- Prepare contracts and all other statutory documents for newly hired staff, temporary staff and volunteers.
Handling administrative activities/HR records
- Assist in overseeing general administrative duties e.g., office cleanliness, office purchases etc.
- Manage archiving of HR records of all separating staff and maintain a register for the same by facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation and release from the organization.
- Responsible for the E-Filing of HR documents to include and not limited to staff files, recruitment documents, etc.
- Maintaining staff leave schedules for all field offices and submitting the same to the HRM monthly.
- Responsible for compiling the leave reports including maternity, sickness, annual and paternity as well as build the capacity of staff on the various leaves provided in the HR Policy Handbook Manual
Executing reception and administrative duties
- Establish and run the BRAC-Rwanda National Office, ensure visitors are well received and directed to the appropriate persons, answer telephone calls, route calls and take messages.
- In liaison with the Procurement and Logistics + Finance departments ensure timely payment of bills of all leased property, utilities, telephones, courier services taxis etc.
- Coordinate requisition and oversee maintenance of adequate supply of all stationery and other office items.
- Establish and maintain area program offices asset register and monitor servicing of office machines, then report to the supervisor if servicing or repair is required.
- Ensure that office and office equipment are clean, and that staff are provided with refreshments
Provide administrative support and any other duties as called upon.
- Safeguarding Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Sociology, Social Development Studies, Business Studies such as Marketing, Business Analytics, etc.
- 3+ years relevant experience working in a busy office environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and packaging the findings.
- Extensive knowledge of HR procedures, Safe Guarding including best practices, guidelines, and tools for people management.
- Ability to work well in a team and train others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available HR management tools.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
- Ability to write well organized reports and other official correspondences
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Willing to be able to travel within the working areas of Huye, Nyanza and other areas as required.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material;
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- The successful Human Resource and Administration Officer will combine exceptional people skills, self- motivation, capacity to multi task and work under pressure.
- S/he will have an outstanding ability to quickly learn on the job, contribute to developing policies for BRAC International
- S/he will also have proven experience with cross-cultural team and capacity building, individual staff development and strong mentoring skills. The successful candidate will be able to provide oversight across the country portfolio.
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of the position applied for, an updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Application deadline is 30 May 2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.