- December 14, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Position Location: Headquarters/ Chevy Chase, MD
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance, and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Chevy Chase, MD, Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative seeks an experienced professional to manage and coordinate human resource functions for the department, including employment processing, job description development and maintenance, performance management, policy administration, employee relations, compensation, training, systems improvement and HRIS, while keeping apprised of the Creative’s regulations, policies, procedures, and protocol. The Sr./HR Associate should be committed to getting results in a fast-paced, collaborative, and strategic growth-focused environment and should be an impeccably organized, energetic, superbly detail-oriented individual. This role will provide extended HR support to projects in partnership with the International HR Managers. The Sr./HR Associate should display strong problem-solving skills with a deep understanding of employee relations, conflict management, and staffing management. The Sr./HR Associate aids with and facilitates the human resource processes effectively. Challenges and potential implementation issues in the HR Administration/Operations must be preemptively identified, proactively addressed, and escalated if necessary.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Senior/ Human Resources Associate will report to the Associate Director, HR Operations, or designee. No direct reports are associated with this position.
- Responsible for the onboarding and orientation of HQ-based and international hires, ensuring a unique and welcoming employee engagement;
- Creates offers for HR-based and international hires and tracks the approval process;
- Conducts quality check of all new hire paperwork;
- Ensures the completion of documents, hiring/allowances paperwork, and all compliance requirements for new hires;
- Responsible for maintaining confidential employee data and files in HRIS and other internal systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance;
- Responsible for the logistics for the employee onboarding program to newly/recently-hired employees and special HR programs, which may include wellness events;
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of employee data and files, ensuring that all changes to terms are accurately recorded and remained in compliance, including HRIS and internal systems;
- Supports employees with various HR-related routine inquiries, including employment status/extensions, performance check-in/review, and procedures. Escalates issues as needed to other members of the HR team;
- Liaises with the finance department regarding tracking and reporting semi-monthly payroll changes, timely payments, and assisting with ad-hoc/DCCA/EEO audit reports;
- Responsible for the full cycle reconciliation and invoicing of HR vendor payments;
- Manages HR software/tools, generates HR-related reports and updates the intranet’s HR sections. Drafts maintains, and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools and customization for ongoing customer needs;
- Partners with HR Leadership to manage the logistics for staff engagement programs, orientations, organizational charts, and team meetings. Coordinates various events throughout the year, including employee award ceremonies and others as needed;
- Conducts HR training to local HR Managers in partnership with the International HR Managers or designee.
- Execute process improvement solutions to HR business problems, using data analysis, and optimization tools to support strategic process improvement plans.
- Supports the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems;
- Supports in the Administration of the SIV/P2 process and submission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains compliance with all gaming regulations concerning employment;
- Provides background research for HR & Compliance related projects;
- Manages audits and/or annual review with vendors as needed;
- Responsible for the updates to all systems for title changes, manager changes, compensation changes, and any other employment change;
- Responds to requests for unemployment and employment verifications;
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits, or other HR programs and recommends corrective action;
- Conducts audits and/or investigations upon the request of the HR Directors as needed;
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files;
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks; Fulfills requests for verifications of employment;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supports the preparation of the performance review/Check-in process;
- Supports the performance management procedures and system improvement; Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience in Human Resources or a Master’s degree and at least 4 years of experience preferably in a fast-paced environment; or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- SHRM-CP credential preferred.
- Must be detailed oriented – with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving;
- Must take initiative; be customer-service oriented with the ability to follow up, resolve and close all issues on time;
- Understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills;
- Well-developed administrative and analytical skills;
- Ability to handle multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities;
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee information;
- Ability to work independently and organize time effectively;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.