- October 11, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Human Resources Business Partner will support in a HR advisory role for the emergency programming across Sudan. He/She will be the focal point for the emergency needs and facilitate appropriate deployment from external sources or members. As a member of the Sudan HR team, H/She will also be expected to lead on HR assessments, HR strategy, coordinating recruitment, developing robust systems, Employee relations and support with talent review and planning, policy and practice on people management in complex emergencies. The post-holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity build existing country programme staff. Drawing on unique knowledge as people professionals, work closely with managers to help build organizational and people capabilities, ensuring we are legally compliant and supporting the implementation of the People and Organization Strategy.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- A BSc in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related Social studies from a credible institution.
- 8 years as HR professional with at least 3 years of experience in I/NGO at managerial/Senior level within a complex country programme in emergency response/humanitarian environments
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Proven operational HR track-record – experience of providing a senior generalist HR service to managers across a full range of HR issues
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
- Experience of and well-developed skills in recruitment and selection
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a complex and fast changing environment.
- Ability to uphold high confidentiality and professionalism
- Understanding staff care for humanitarian staff, in particular approaches to welfare, stress, R&R and debriefing
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver induction briefing/training
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
Contract duration: 1-year renewable
Contract Type: National
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Z2thbWF1LjYwMjMxLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ