- September 24, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Human Resources Officer
SENED is an independent non-governmental and non-profit organization established in 2013 and registered in Turkey with the number 27-15-175. SENED was established by a group of humanitarian and social activists in responding to the Syrians suffer since 2011. SENED has become specialized in working with and supporting people with special needs since 2015 due to the realization of the tremendous tragedy that people with special needs live in Syria through periodic visits to their places.
Based in Gaziantep, Turkey, the Human Resources Officer is under the line management of the coordinator.
He/She will be responsible for:
• HR Policies and Procedures
• Capacity and Career Development
• Records Management
• Administrative Support
• Other related tasks
HR Policies and Procedures
• Assist in ensuring the implementation of SENED policies for the national staff (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information, etc.);
• Ensures the general HR administration procedures are in place;
• Supports the field bases for any Administrative and HR issues;
• Announce and explain amendments; regulations, policies, or procedures.
Capacity and Career Development
• Identify training and development needs within an organisation through job analysis, staff appraisals and regular consultation with line managers;
• Analysing training needs in conjunction with line managers;
• Planning, directing and delivering staff inductions, to accomplish the organisation’s goals.
• Assist in Human Resources’ files and records Management;
• Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing/recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and employee attendance, leaves and absence.
• Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
• Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
• Distribute and collect payrolls each month.
• Establish files in the computerized system;
• Ensure that updated SENED code of conduct, conditions on employment, procedure alert abuses, SENED Regulations, HR templates and policies, etc. are updated and posted on the board in the office.
• To archive hard and soft copies of all admin and HR files and make sure that all documents are scanned and computerized.
• Develop report on Training and Capacity Development plan and its implementation;
• Contribute to HR monthly reporting;
• Provide regular reporting on HR activities to the Line-Manager, upon his/her solicitation;
• Provide a handover report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
Other tasks related to the position
• Participate in internal work meetings;
• Report any security related issues to the line manager;
Required Qualifications (Education/Languages/Work Experience):
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related field.
Two years of proven experience in a similar position.
Good level in the English language.
Fluent in Arabic.
Intermediate level in the Turkish language.
Proven experience in humanitarian work and principles.
IT and Equipment
Good proficiency with Microsoft package.
Core Competencies (CC):
Planning and Organizing.
Commitment to Continuous Learning.
Child safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Sened, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Sened is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
SENED expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. SENED employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside SENED.
How to apply
How to apply:
• The closing date of the position is 27/09/2021.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• Priorities will be for people with disabilities or their families.
• Due to the urgency of the position, SENED retains the right to recruit before the closing