- January 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children.
A person on this position reports to Deputy Director for Program Development and Coordination and is responsible for project coordination, budget and activities monitoring, documenting and reporting on the implementation of the humanitarian program portfolio funded by USAID, BHA, FCDO, various Ministries of Foreign Affairs and private donors.
The person will also support development of new project proposals in cooperation with Program Development Coordinator and Deputy Director for Program Development and Coordination. Under the supervision of Deputy Director for Program Development and Coordination, s/he will support Area Managers and Deputy Area Managers in timely and quality implementation of projects and will be accountable to maintain an open and constructive relationships with donors and with various CARE Member Partners to ensure project compliance and quality.
S/he will be also responsible for building the capacity of CARE’s Area Offices program teams as well as Local Implementing Partners in project design, management, budgeting and reporting.
Program Coordination & Quality Assurance
- Oversees the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of selected projects in southern Yemen and ensures they are in line with the country office program strategy as well as CARE International Programming Principles
- Ensures the implementation of projects work plans and budgets as per approved projects’ proposals and donors’ guidelines as well as internal agreements with CARE Member Partners
- In coordination with Program Quality Department supports Area Offices in implementation of projects according to Core Humanitarian Standards, protection and gender mainstreaming principles and disability inclusion, as well as per CARE International and clusters technical standards and guidelines
- Prepares all donor narrative reports and supports Finance Department in preparation of financial reports
- Coordinates preparation of projects kick-off, regular review and closure meetings
- Ensures up-to-date archiving of all critical projects’ documents
- Works with Deputy Director for Program Development and Coordination and other Program Coordinator on the relevant department systems, coordination tools and templates, that ensure efficient and effective work and cooperation with Area Offices and other departments
External & Internal Coordination
- Represents CARE at relevant donors, CARE Member Partners and other coordination meetings as requested by line manager
- Coordinates with Heads of Finance, HR, Communication, Procurement and Program Support departments to achieve necessary program deliverables
- Supports CARE Communications team to ensure that relevant communication materials (human interest stories, videos, etc.) are developed for projects per work plan and donors’ requirements
- Acts as a main projects focal point for respective donors and CARE Member Partners
- Prepares necessary documents and agreements regulating cooperation between CARE Yemen and CARE Member Partners regarding projects implementation and donors’ relations
- When required, assists or leads on the proposal development process for new funding opportunities and ensure alignment with the CARE Yemen program strategy
- Supports in monitor and analysis of new funding opportunities that align with the CARE Yemen program strategy
- Support the design and review the assessments and baseline surveys and reports to gather and prepare background information and data for future or current design of new and existing projects
- At least a Master’s Degree in international relations, social sciences or related field of study
- Proven training in program/project cycle management including grant management
- Previous training in humanitarian principles and standards including accountability initiatives.
- Good computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications
- Excellent written and spoken English, Fluency in Arabic an advantage
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform independently
- Excellent analysis and writing skills; concept notes and program design documents (including log frames).
- Experience managing humanitarian programs, understanding of program cycle management in a conflict setting; strong team player and people management, excellent communications and ability to build the capacity of teams
- Proven experience in program/project management (designing, budgeting, planning, monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in coordination or management role, especially working with similar INGOs and/or Yemen context
- Proven experience in technical report writing, budget management and coordinating the production of these reports with various teams
- Excellent ability to negotiate with internal and external audiences, represent the organization in government, UN and NGOs and influence decisions
- Ability to manage stress, work under pressure, problem solve and make decisions.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills in the face of unexpected challenges
- Self-motivated and energetic
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.