- March 14, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Creative Associates International is a dynamic and fast-growing professional service firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 plus countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Technical Assistance Program (TAP), funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is a five-year education and youth program that seeks to transform the organizational culture and improve the abilities within the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Youth to ensure officials can implement desired reforms. Creative and its partners will provide technical assistance in the development, roll-out, and tracking of policies and procedures to incorporate international best practices for public education and youth programming. Among the many activities in the Jordan Technical Assistance Program, it will support curriculum development, promote inclusive learning techniques, improve the skills of teachers and school managers, and other tangible activities that ultimately support changing the organizational culture within the two ministries and relevant agencies. The program will further support Jordan’s outreach and behavioral change communications initiatives that are aimed at creating a culture of reading, the inclusion of vulnerable children, and increased youth engagement.**
TAP is seeking applicants for a Math Subject Area Advisor position. Recruitment is for one-year with the possibility of extension. The Math Subject Area Advisor shall collaborate with relevant MOE departments, stake holders, and TAP team to lead intervention design, material design, and capacity building activities focused on improving Math teaching and learning K-12. He/ She will also work in partnership with relevant MOE departments (Curriculum and Textbooks, Educational Training Center, Examinations, Field Directorates, etc.), with international experts, other local subject area experts, and the TAP team to design and support diagnostic studies, policy deliberation, and setting educational strategies to address educational loss due to prolonged school closure.
- Review Math curricula framework, students’ performance indicators, international math standards and math practices, related international studies, and national studies and test results
- Support Math diagnostic study implementation, data analysis, and reporting.
- Review and analyze the findings of TAP-supported G 4 to 11 Diagnostic Study results, and accordingly collaborate with TAP’s local and international experts, and team to support policy deliberation sessions and seminars geared towards setting Grades 4-11 Math multi-year learning strategies for addressing learning loss and improving Math teaching and learning.
- Through a co-creation process and in close consultation with TAP’s team collaborate with TAP local and international experts and team to guide the design of evidence-based blended / hybrid modality Math education recovery intervention(s) for Grade 4 – 11 to address Math educational loss and improve student learning based on relevant global and national standards, criteria, students’ performance indicators and supported by international and regional best practices, successful experiences, and evidence-based initiatives implemented or currently being implemented by the MOE.
- Support in close consultation with TAP’s team and international experts and team, the content development of instructional materials for Grade 4 to 11 including supplemental learning content, back-to-school and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) content, extra-curricular activities, eLearning content, teacher guides, TOT and teacher training modules, teacher’s support and coaching guides, and parental guides for face-to-face, blended, and fully online mode of delivery.
- Support the capacity building activities of the MoE teams and supervisors to deliver teacher training.
- Support the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Quality Assurance activities to maintain the quality of the implementation at the central and field levels.
Key Working Relationships:
· This position will report to the Senior Education and Youth Liaison Advisor and will closely work with all MoE units and directorates to facilitate and support TAP’s work.**
· Master’s Degree in Math and Literature.
· Must have at least 8 years of general work experience and 5+ years of specific experience related to the required position. Must have at least 4+ years of direct supervisory experience.
· Must have at least 5 years of teaching.
· Sound experience in at least three of the areas of (Math curriculum design, content design, setting education policies, and teacher professional development) is a must.
· Working experience with international agencies, NGOs, and/or government experience is highly desirable.
· Solid content knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge.
· Solid knowledge of international math standards, evidence-based math instruction, and math practices.
· Sound experience in Math Teaching and Learning K-12 in various settings and curriculum.
· The followings are a plus:
o Intensive experience in instructional material development for face-to-face, blended, and fully online delivery method.
o Extensive knowledge on student assessment for Math and curriculum development and curriculum implementation, including remedial learning strategies at the national level
o Good knowledge in the field of education and research involving student learning assessment, pedagogical frameworks, and policy research with a particular focus on remedial learning strategies
o Experience in working with the MoE is highly desirable.
o Knowledge of the Jordan development context, challenges, and opportunities is highly desirable.
· Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders within the government and the donor community.
· Excellent report writing skills are a must.
· Proficiency with relevant computer software programs, especially MS Office.
· Proficiency in both Arabic and English languages is mandatory.
How to apply
Interested Candidates should apply through: Click Here