- February 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Fixed-term contract – 6 months
Starting date: ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Myanmar
The Myanmar Mission has existed since 1984 (the mission closed between 1995 and 2001). PUI is developing its integrated approach with interventions in the areas of health and nutrition, Wash and food security. Specifically, PUI has been running an HIV prevention and treatment program for male, female and LGBT sex workers in the Yangon region for over 10 years, linked to a malnutrition prevention program. In Kayin, PUI works on malnutrition prevention and primary health care, support to health facilities in their COVID-19 response and cash transfer projects to vulnerable populations. Today, the mission consists of 8 projects.
What about the MEAL Coordinator – Yangon?
As Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator you will be responsible for guiding the overall MEAL strategy and implementation or related activities within projects while providing timely and relevant information to stakeholders.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Strategy: You will lead the design and the roll-out of a sound and adapted-to-context MEAL strategy and operational guidance integrating cross-cutting issues (gender, protection, accountability, do-no-harm, community participation, disability, etc.).
- Training and technical support: You will provide a methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as: design of MEAL plan, quantitative and qualitative data collection, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, “do no harm” analysis, terms of references of internal and external evaluations etc.)
- Monitoring and evaluation: You will look over the quality and relevance of internal monitoring and evaluation activities, recommendations and analysis produced by your department (studies, maps…).
- Accountability: You will make sure your department is cross-cutting and well integrated with all departments (functional links) as well as coherent with all coordinators and managers.
- Human Resources Management: You will support training of program teams within your fields of expertise.
- Knowledge building: You will contributes to institutional knowledge building and improvement of MEAL methods and techniques.
The challenges that await you:
Visa issuance might take some time, thus remote work will be necessary in the beginning. We have a temporary Office in Nepal, Katmandu. The national team requires strong capacity building. Growing mission requires review of all the MEAL system.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s or Master degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience abroad with international NGOs, you master MEAL teams management. A previous experience in emergency response, in setting up a MEAL department, or in health programs monitoring would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You demonstrate capacity for analysing and synthetizing comprehensive information & technical data, ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring. You master data bases, kobo and other data software, and have a good knowledge in statistics and sampling methods. You have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have good written communication skills.
- Qualities: You demonstrate ability to take the initiative and take responsibility in a proactive approach. You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership skills, trustworthiness, organisational skills, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, Spanish and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« PUI Myanmar is in a phase of growth since the military coup. Join a motivated team and accompany them in this new challenge. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation (Nepal) or housing allowance (Yangon)
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.