- January 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
MEAL OFFICER – SBCC (Arua)
The job holder is responsible for providing support to the CSSP-SBCC project MEAL function and will work with the MEAL Team, CSSP-SBCC Project Manager, Technical Specialist/Head of Health and the project team to design and lead a strong MEAL system for the project. He/she will support integration of Geographical Information System (GIS) in project reporting, including GIS mapping and dissemination of MIS/GIS reports. The MEAL system’s objective is to ensure harmonised and aligned data collection and monitoring to inform decision-making, accountability, reporting and learning in a timely and strategic manner.
The MEAL Officer ensures that CSSP-SBCC project undertakes routine Continuous Quality Improvement & data quality assessments, develops information briefs, regular sharing of Programme updates with stakeholders and establishes a mechanism for collecting, tracking and responding to feedback and complaints from Programme stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in either Statistics or Humanities
- Minimum of two years working experience in monitoring and evaluation (preferably in health and nutrition-related projects with an International NGO);
- Knowledge and practical experience developing an M&E-GIS System to generate data, dashboards and web maps using ArcGIS, QGIS or similar GIS software;
- Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office), particularly MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Word and at least one analysis software (SPSS, STATA, etc.);
- Knowledge and use of various survey methods for monitoring of different programs;
- Prior experience establishing and running coordination mechanisms;
- Additional training and experience in biostatistics or monitoring and evaluation and MIS is an added advantage;
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education and Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities;
- Sound written and oral presentation skills
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Commitment to Save the Children values**.**
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on January 29, 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ai5kdWt1Ljc3ODQ3LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ